  1) Re: Adapter Problem
        by mike golub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Zombie Rips into the 11s !!!!
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) RE: Motor weight
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) NEDRA story on Zombie rips into the 11s
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: News Flash from PIR & New World Record
        by Chip Gribben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Building A Motor
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Golf cart encounter
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Zombie Rips into the 11s !!!!
        by "Jack Knopf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Top Ten reasons you know you're about to get your clock cleaned by an
Electric car
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) RE: NEDRA story on Zombie rips into the 11s
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: Hybrids done right, Re: Would you build if you could buy?
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) RE: Zombie Rips into the 11s !!!!
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Adapter Problem
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Wheel alignment Or How to significantly reduce rolling resistance!
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Zombie Rips into the 11s !!!!
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 16) unsubscribe
        by "Peter & Kyla" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) unsubscribe
        by "Pat Galliher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: News Flash from PIR & New World Record
        by keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Getting set for a Sunday Workshop day
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: WZ cool advertising was: Zombie Rips into the 11s !!!!
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Adapter Problem
        by "Tehben Dean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) RE: Adapter Problem
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: AGM vs Gel
        by "Tehben Dean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: NiMH pack strategy
        by "Joseph T. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) RE: vroombox and EV ?
        by "Martin Winlow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: WZ cool advertising was: Zombie Rips into the 11s !!!!
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) RE: AGM vs Gel
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) RE: WZ cool advertising was: Zombie Rips into the 11s !!!!
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 29) RE: WZ cool advertising was: Zombie Rips into the 11s !!!!
        by "David S" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 30) Re: Adapter Problem
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dana Havranek)
--- Begin Message ---
Supposedly Toyota kept it simple between the 4wd and
2wd. My truck is 86 4wd which EA made the adapter.

--- MIKE WILLMON <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Uh, Tehben, is your's a 4WD?  You need to try to
> find out if the tranny's that came with the 2WD is
> different than the 4WD.  Thats why mine didn't fit
> the first time.  They said they had a Mitsubishi for
> the 2.6L, however the trannys used were different
> for a 4WD version.
>
> Mike Golub up in Fairbanks should be able to give
> you some insight on that. He's running an '86
> Toyota. I Can't remember if he bought an ElectroAuto
> adaptor or not.
>
> Mike,
> Anchorage, Ak.

that gives answers, not web links.

--- Begin Message --- Mike Willmon queried: "So Rod, when he's knocking on 10's will the Maniac Mazda come out of retirement?

The answer to this question is a definite YES! There is a very old saying that goes something like this:, "Competition drives the sport". After eight long years it is finally time to bring out the "Maniac Mazda" from the moth balls. Even though I have not been racing it I have learned a lot from reading John's posts, as well as Bill's and Dennis's. I also learned a bit from "Gone Postal". I am going to incorporate many of these things in the car. The motors will be coming out soon and shipped to Jim, with his permission of course. I realize I will have to get in line. I am quite happy with the way I choose to siamese them so that will most likely not be changed. I am still a firm believer in the transmission so that is staying. Since you can only get so much torque out of 2000 amps you need another way to multiply torque, especially in heavier vehicles, and transmission have been serving that function for years. When the resurrection starts I will keep you all informed.

Roderick Wilde
"Suck Amps EV Racing"
www.suckamps.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Willmon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: June 29, 2007 11:32:02 PM EDT
To: <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Subject: News Flash from PIR & New World Record

I just received a call from "Plasma Boy" Wayland at Portland International Raceway where he just set a new world record on his second run of the evening. He turned a 12.140 at 107.06 mph. This is the first time that the "White Zombie has eclipsed 107 mph. The first run was also impressive as the car had never turned over 100 mph on a first run with cold batteries. It turned a 12.433 at 101.99 mph. On his second run he blew the doors off the Vette in the other lane. This historic event is being filmed and written up by a reporter from The Wall Street Journal. They had done an in-depth interview with me two or three weeks ago. They are really doing their homework. The story will be on the development of EV Racing in America and on NEDRA. By the type of questions they asked me I feel confident that they intend to get it right. John predicts he will break into the elevens on his third run, The new advaced timing seems to be doing the trick and all the hard work Jim from Hi Torque has put in. Sadly Jim is not there to view the siamese 8s in action. John told me to give him a bad time but I think I'll let him slide. I am sure he feels enough guilt already :-)

Roderick Wilde
"Suck Amps EV Racing"
www.suckamps.com

When I was younger and at the beginning of the learning curve I thought
a starter motor would be good for running a compressor on my 4x4.
After I machined room for bearings and fitted a pully for a belt, I
found that it always got really really hot, in short order.

I believe not only was it not optimized for effiency, that something in
the "design for intermittent operation" also makes it unsuitable for
continous operation.

I then  switched to a honda starter motor, it looked more conventional
and ran fine. I never got around to trying one of those motors from the
gear reduction starters.

Where I work, they have a lot of golf carts used from everything to move
parts between buildings to delivering lunch to employees from the campus
cafe.

As I was going to lunch two fully charged golf carts, (they charge
inside my building) came zipping out and around the corner, it was quiet
close as i guess golf carts don't have the greatest brakes?. He had to
steer along side and up against the dumpster to avoid the collision
leaving the golf cart behind him almost no place to go.

We all went from wide open eyes to laughter when I shouted out "my golf
cart is bigger than yours"  The people who drive these golf carts all
day, are asking questions  about how they can do the same thing.  Kind
of a gas roots growing within the company.

(I am sure they were quiet worried, as a memo had just come out about
security will begin handing out tickets for people drive the golf carts
to fast)

Good job guys!
Jack.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Yes thanks Rod for the excellent coverage! And congrats to Tim and John and Jim. This is great, you'll have to let us know when
the Street is going to run the story.

Is WZ running the new 3.70 gears yet? Or are they saving it for the lithiums next month?

If the 4.11 is still in I figure they were turning 6299 rpm at 110.14 mph on the motor.

With the 3.70, even at only 6000 rpm they would run about 116.54 mph. If the hole shot only suffers a couple tenths, the over 110mph part at the end will more than make up for it. Although with the lowered weight of the lithium pack the hole shot should
improve, even with the taller gear.

So Rod, when he's knocking on 10's will the Maniac Mazda come out of retirement?

I can't wait until next month.

Mike,
Anchorage, Ak.

From: David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>