        by "Alan Brinkman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) RE: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Nimh packs and battery chargers at batteryspace.com
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: DIY Electric Car Forums - and Jim Husted time :-)
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Looking for zilla speed sensor mount design/picutres for double shaft
ADC motor
        by David Brandt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) The questions on the EV-1C
        by Steve Powers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) RE: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by Ted Sanders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Upgrading NEV as alternative to ICE conversion
 10) Re: Indicator lamps for contactor operation - LED?
        by Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Upgrading NEV as alternative to ICE conversion
        by "Zeke Yewdall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by Jerry Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by "Greg Catanzarita" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Bridgestone Ecopia EP-03 Tires- how about B381's ?
        by "Phil Marino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by David Brandt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Nimh packs and battery chargers at batteryspace.com
        by "Dmitri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Upgrading NEV as alternative to ICE conversion
        by keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Simple Controller
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by "Joseph T. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Indicator lamps for contactor operation
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Bridgestone Ecopia EP-03 Tires- how about B381's ?
        by "Joseph T. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: parallel batteries
        by Ian Hooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Toyota Plug in Prius Video
        by Tom Gocze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: Battery for a Bicycle?
        by Ian Hooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Indicator lamps for contactor operation
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by "joe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Jerry,

If you haven't found the Citicar info you need let me know. I have some of the manuals and could look for the pages you want. Nu-Kar has an excellent manual which includes all of the C-Car models, costs about $40, might be worth getting if you will be doing a lot of work on these vehicles.

Gail

P.S. When you become a C-Car expert please consider opening a branch office in Las Vegas. My last great maintenance guru had too much else to do and I think got sick of trying to keep the C-Cars functional.

----- Original Message ----- From: "jerryd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: Frank John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: Indicator lamps for contactor operation
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 03:42:40 -0700 (PDT)

I'm interested in wiring indicator lamps to the contactor output (2 contactor system) to show state i.e. open or closed. That means finding a small light or lamp that works at pack voltage (120 VDC nominal). Mouser shows a lamp (606-CM8-3995) that I think will do the job but I'm open to suggestions or experience. Has anyone found an interesting way to accomplish this? Will the lamp I mentioned work?

TIA

____________________________________________________________________________________ Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/

http://liveearth.msn.com

Not to mention illegal in most states and possibly unsafe.

I think that the requirement that NEV's not go faster than 25mph is
quite unsafe.  Because they are allowed on roads with speed limits of
35 and below.  We all know that when the speed limit is 35, everyone
is going more like 40.  So, if the NEV's could keep up 40 for a top
speed, and were still limited to roads with a 35mph speed limit or
below, it would actually be alot SAFER than currently -- because you
wouldn't have everyone passing them.

Now, whether the NEV itself can safely go that fast is another
question.  Probably the only question that the NHTSA thought about....

I've driven a think neighbor in traffic flowing about 30 to 35.... not
what I would call safe.  Nor does it endear NEV's to the rest of the
driving public.

I did.  Jerry Wagner

From: "Lawrence Rhodes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Bridgestone Ecopia EP-03 Tires- how about B381's ? Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:19:05 -0700

I'm using the 185/70/14 on my 1977 240D Mercedes if that is any help.  They
seem to be wearing normally.  They did lower my gear ratio and my
hillclimbing improved.  The curb weight on the 240D is around 3000 pounds.
Lawrence Rhodes.....

http://newlivehotmail.com

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Me too, someone must have really worked hard to go through and scrape all the EVAlbum email addresses, since they are presented as images. Anyway I had a look and decided to join and give it a shot.

So for you newbie listers that want to change the EVDL format, here is a chance for you to try something more your style. In the meantime the EVDL is still clearly the place to be :-)

damon

From: Jerry Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: Re: DIY Electric Car Forums
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:42:25 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I did.  Jerry Wagner

>How many people with an EV on the EValbum got this
>message, just curious,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>Hello, My name is Robert Green. I just saw your EV on
>austinev albums and thought I'd invite you to a new EV
>conversion community I'm starting up. The point of the
>community is to organize conversion information, help
>facilitate communication between DIYers like yourself
>and others and bring in parts vendors and fabricators
>all to a single location to help everyone's projects
>out. The end goal is to have guides and kits available
>for most makes and models of standard cars and
>community support for those attempting their EV
>conversions.
>
>You have very valuable experience and information that
>I think could seriously benefit others and I think you
>will find more information valuable to you in the very
>near future. What I'd really like is for you to
>introduce yourself or post a little info about your
>past or existing projects to help me jumpstart this
>database. Several admins will be checking the site,
>sorting and grouping the posts and data to make sure
>the site is growing in ways constructive and helpful
>to you. I want this to start by being a place for
>experts but gradually work in good information for
>people new to the hobby so we can make it more
>accessible for more households to start driving
>electric.
>
>My name is 'rbgrn' on the forums and I will be
>available for contact there or at this email address.
>Please have a look at the site and hopefully I will
>see you online!
>
>DIY Electric Car Forums -
>http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/
>
>Robert Green

Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now!  http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=club_hotmailtextlink1
I got it.  Hm.  I thought sharing EV info. was what this list was for...

David Brandt

[...]

Got a little couch potato?

--- Begin Message --- It should work. -dV is the typical charge cut off used for small NiMH and NiCd packs for RCs and stuff. NiMH voltage drops slightly when it is fully charged, and the charger senses that.

[...]

IMHO
It is political.  we may want electric vehicles but
there are powerful folks who want to make them as
inconvient and unuasable as possible.  It really has
nothing to do with saftey.  Untill Toyota, Ford, GM
etc make electrics (which they will only do when
forced to) we will all have an up hill battle.

--- Zeke Yewdall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Not to mention illegal in most states and possibly
> unsafe.
> >

> I think that the requirement that NEV's not go
> faster than 25mph is
> quite unsafe.  Because they are allowed on roads
> with speed limits of
> 35 and below.  We all know that when the speed limit
> is 35, everyone
> is going more like 40.  So, if the NEV's could keep
> up 40 for a top
> speed, and were still limited to roads with a 35mph
> speed limit or
> below, it would actually be alot SAFER than
> currently -- because you
> wouldn't have everyone passing them.
>
> Now, whether the NEV itself can safely go that fast
> is another
> question.  Probably the only question that the NHTSA
> thought about....
>
> I've driven a think neighbor in traffic flowing
> about 30 to 35.... not
> what I would call safe.  Nor does it endear NEV's to
> the rest of the
> driving public.

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the
Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/

About 120 HP..
At  100% eff and that's Electrical HP.. not shaft HP or shaft torque.
You still just don't get it...

300 amps is not going to get much moving very fast.

You need more like 1000 amps on the motors....or a LOT of gear reduction.

We designed a 1200 amp Raptor because Curtii had whimpy off the line
acceleration.

Try a more attainable design like 120 VDC and 600 amps on the motor loop.
You get to use affordable 200 volt Mosfets also.

Torque in a DC motor is all about amps.. getting a heavy Ev moving is all
about amps or lots of gears.

Hp is torque times RPM / 5252.  Figure you need .3 Gs to move off a light
with reasonable speed.

Dan ...Build it...  Then say we are knuckle dragging idiots...

Madman

From: "joe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:02:30 -0700

I haven't seen it before you posted, but I have a very good spam filter, and
it may have caught it.

Joseph H. Strubhar

Web: www.gremcoinc.com

E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]