  1) Re: Another Tweety grin...
        by MIKE WILLMON <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: MPG  Equivalent ?
        by Jeff Mccabe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Need help finding resources to make my EV into a part-time series hybrid
        by "Matt Kenigson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Could higher pack voltage be stepped down for Curtis input?
  5) Re: Could higher pack voltage be stepped down for Curtis input?
  6) Re: Need help finding resources to make my EV into a part-time series
hybrid
        by David Brandt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: [ElectricMotorcycles] Inspection Woes
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Need help finding resources to make my EV into a part-time series
hybrid
        by "Zeke Yewdall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: [ElectricMotorcycles] Inspection Woes
        by "Mark Eidson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: John Wayland in Wall Street Journal
        by MIKE WILLMON <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: TS chemistry Was A123 chem
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: John Wayland in Wall Street Journal
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 13) Re: TS chemistry Was A123 chem
        by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jukka_J=E4rvinen?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Define EV ! Was:Re: Electric car vies for speed record (500 kph)
        by "Andrew Kane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Lee, you alright?
        by Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: TS chemistry Was A123 chem
        by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jukka_J=E4rvinen?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: TS chemistry Was A123 chem
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: John Wayland in Wall Street Journal
        by Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Thats hilarious.....ROTFLMAO
The cure for the need for speed ....is Lithium :-O

From: Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, July 27, 2007 8:38 pm
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>

--
Jukka Järvinen
R&D Director

jukka.jarvinen(at)fevt.com
cell phone +358-440-735705
wired phone +358-19-735705
fax +358-19-735785

Sorry guys. I meant to email Mike directly but clearly I cannot drive
gmail properly.

Mike, I stand corrected. Also my knee has stopped jerking.

On 7/31/07, Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey Guys
>
> Not sure how it got here and it's getting off topic
> but in Mikes defense I found this sub-note on the
> words meaning when I looked it up 8^)
>
> Note: Semantics is commonly used to refer to a trivial
> point or distinction that revolves around mere words
> rather than significant issues: "To argue whether the
> medication killed the patient or contributed to her
> death is to argue over semantics."
>
> The American Heritage(r) New Dictionary of Cultural
> Literacy, Third Edition
>
> Although I do feel the word sophistry was better
> suited and is one I'll have to add to my vocabulary
> 8^)
>
> Cya
> Jim Husted
> Hi-Torque Electric
>
> --- Andrew Kane <[EMAIL PROTECTED] ail.com> wrote:
>
> >       Hi Mike, I agree with the substance of your
> > post (below) but I
> > had to email you off-list because of your usage of
> > the word
> > "semantics".

> Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!

Just heard about the bridge collapse, hope you were home at the time. Our
thoughts are with those
who were involved.

Dave Cover

Oh.. I forgto to ask...

Rich.. have you measured the over all efficiency with the clampers and balancing ?

From outlet to motor (or what ever load)

We made such clamping devices with Victor but I had hard time to convince me that this is the route. It was WAY too wasty.

But.. of couse it works ok. It does the trick and you can have the Lion in the tank... :)

Balancing by rerouting the energy around the pack is how we are doing it every day now. We get over 90% out what we put in. With balance.

No balancing sequences in the low and high end of SOC.

After you get more cycles in the pack measure the differences on the cells and discover how they have evolved.

Any case .. These small cells beat the SLAs in efficiency and cycle life. So the absolute maximum is not perhaps required. To triple the lifetime and usability in a car already "pays back" nicely.

I try to come to PIR at 18th. Hope to see some of you there. I tried already to get to invitational but timing was bad.

-Jukka

Rich Rudman kirjoitti:
[...]

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- but are they really cheap? as compared to estimated A123 prices and known PHET prices
and would A123 not last several times longer?

Dan

Rich Rudman kirjoitti:
[...]

On Aug 1, 2007, at 12:03 PM, MIKE WILLMON wrote:

Don't worry about the crispy motor in the photos. Nobody can really tell thats its guts are all wrinkled up inside, its got that nice eye distracting purple paint job ;-) At least they didn't describe the motor zorching in as much detail as they did with John's battery zorching. That was some pretty graphic detail with fire guys in HazMat suits needed to secure the power, doh.

Oh, that was the short version <G>.

Somewhere the long version is posted...

I think its on the Plasmaboyracing web site....

Oh yea, its here...

<http://www.plasmaboyracing.com/blog/?page_id=10>

Enjoy!
Paul "neon" Gooch

P.S. - you should strive to keep the plasma inside glass :-)