I have a explanation of NDE experiences that is incomplete because it is
based on evolution, and the evolution of a trait rarely obey a single cause
not even a set of causes , because natural selection is holistic. Although
some of these causes may be the main ones in the evolution of a certain
trait. And second, evolution is materialistic, and because it shares the
positivistic metaphisics, it is a incomplete study of reality.

NDE may be a mechanism for the reorientation of the behavior and psychology
to a expectancy of a short lifespan.  Usually people with a short lifespan
expectancy at childhood take higher risks. This is in agreement with which
was expected if the risky behavior is related in showing dominance, short
term skill (such are fighting abilities or any trickery for lying, robbing
etc) and gang/tribal attachment that could assure power in a core group and
risky sexual behavior that could assure offspring in the short term. in
contrast, these people show a disinterest for the acquisition of skills
that have a longer return of investment, such is formal education, school
attendance, to learn a job etc.

But what happens when an educated, long term oriented person suffers a
trauma such is an accident, a stroke etc? Some symptoms of aftershock
stress disorder are: risk behavior, higher volume of sperm, increase of
sexual (men) or romantic (woman) desire and nightmares or hallucinations
which repeat the scene of the trauma. The first ones are clearly a
realignment of the behavior for a short term lifespan, in order to have
offspring as soon as possible, as said above.  The latter may be probably a
way to negatively reinforce the actions that ended up in the traumatic
experience, just to avoid the repetition of it.

But there are also some symptoms that may be inexplicable: Some people
enlist in charity organization or give money to them. Or they change its
religion, get involved in politics and so on. This, can be explained as a
short term strategy in terms of inclusive fitness: since the humans share
much of their genetics, for the self preservation of the genes in the
short term, it may be better, depending on the circunstances, to help other
people or the society as a whole than to enter in risky behavior.

The NDE may help in this short term reorientation, producing risk
acceptance and the orientation to help others in some way: Many reported
experiences are related with these outcomes: they report that since then,
"I have no fear" and "I feel that I have a mission in earth to do" and so
on. Just like many people that did not have NDE experiences but have a
trauma may feel. The family whose child died in leukemia that devote its
life to fight against this illness is another closely related example of
what realingnmet of behavior could produce due to the similarity of human
genetics (that makes this strategy of realignment stable)

NDE could be a more radical way for producing this reorientation by means
of a mythopoetic faculty of the mind that switch the archetypes to imitate
or emulate. Where there where Mick Jagger of Justin Bieber or Bradd Pitt or
Donald Trump on the top of the personal pantheon, after the experience they
are Jesus Christ, Ghandi etc. This also demonstrates how much the mind
determines the reality. It is not true that NDE experiences are
hallucinations, unless we admit that we hallucinate everyday, every moment.
The mind configure the reality. The only difference between reality and
hallucinations is the shared nature of the first.

2013/4/5 Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>

> Like
>
> On Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:19:17 PM UTC-4, telmo_menezes wrote:

>> > Dull in the way that reading what some Bozo I've never heard of typed
>> onto a
>> > obscure website about experimental results that would revolutionize not
>> just
>> > science but the entire world if true are dull.

>> > I have not read it nor do I intend to; let me know when something like
>> that
>> > shows up in Science or Nature or Physical Review letters.
>>
>> Or better yet, wait for the Nobel prizes ceremony. That way you can be
>> assured to only hear about the most respectable Scientific endeavours.
>> Anything else would be a waste of your time. Ideas of consequence are
>> rarely -- if ever -- produced outside the bossom of the establishment.
>> Prestige is almost a synonym with Science, don't let anyone tell you
>> otherwise.
>>
>> >   John K Clark
>> >
>> > --
>> group/everything-list?hl=en<http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en>.