Doesn't really matter anymore (2013 and above).

I would do the Edge first, because sometimes you may need to reconfigure
EdgeSync. And then, out of habit, CAS, HUB, UM, Mailbox.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of John Matteson
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:03 PM
To: exchange@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [Exchange] Order of installation for Exchange 2013 CU

Question for the group.

I have a customer that is going to be installing Exchange 2013 CU13 soon. We're
getting together documents and creating checksheets for the update.

The customer insists that CU's get installed from "the outside in", meaning
from the Edge Server towards the mailbox server.

My memory says that you installed SP's and CU's in a different order:  CAS,
HUB, MAILBOX, EDGE.

I can't find documentation that points to one, or the other, or really any
order at all. So I'm asking the people who have a bit more experience with this.

What say you?

John Matteson.