From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Tony Patton
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 7:37 AM
To: Exchange List
Subject: [Exchange] Adding additional CAS/HT servers to Ex2010 Org

Hi folks,

We have a customer that will be adding 2 additional CAS/HT servers & 2 mailbox
servers to their on-premise Exchange org very shortly.

I believe as part of the CAS/HT role install, it will add the servers to the
CASARRAY.

I've never had to add new CAS/HT servers to an org after it's been in live
service, so we will need to apply the same configurations to these new ones as
the other ones do, before the users start connecting to them.
The last time I had to install Exchange was over 4 years ago when the original
servers were built.

What is the best/safest way to set up the servers but not having the users
accessing them until the CAS & HT roles are fully configured and ready for
service?
Can it be installed as a single server then added to the CASARRAY WNLB?

They use WNLB (I know, we've tried to get them to install proper HWLBs but they
won't as it's working for them, for some definition of working) for the CAS
array.

Is it a matter of stopping or removing the new servers in WNLB and setting the
Autodiscover, EWS, etc URLs to the WNLB FQDNs?
Is there more involved?  Am I missing something really obvious (to others)?

Everything I've come across is based on creating a new cas server or array.

The current setup is Exchange 2010 SP3 UR10 (going to 14 or 15 next month).
WNLB Casarray containing 4 CAS/HT servers
DAG containing 4 Mailbox servers (2 Active/2 Passive)
Windows 2008 SP2 (non-R2)
Single AD forest/domain/site

TIA for all comments to come :)

Tony