I have an SBS 2011 (Exchange 2010) server fully patched and working fine
internally and for lower version Outlook remote connections.

If a PC is set up internally (OL2013/2016) things go OK for autoconfiguration.

Externally - ie - not on the local network for OL2013/2016 - autoconfigure does
not work properly.  Manual configuration of OL2013 needs to be done...

But of course manual configuration of OL2016 doesn't exist.

Domain DNS (GoDaddy) seems to have what I believe are proper records.  Just
spent 1/2 hour with their support

- www.voxtm.ca and voxtm.ca go to the required offsite web host

- autodiscover, MX, etc go to the onsite SBS2011 office.voxtm.ca

I have done testexchange tests and found a strange certificate in play (ie -
not the valid third party cert that is on the SBS2011 box).  In hindsight I
recall seeing a similar notice when setting up internal OL systems - but was
able to get past any cert issue easily.

I think is happening for external setup of OL2013/16...

- autodiscover (and the exchange test itself) try's voxtm.ca (resolves to the
offsite web host) first
- that gets the strange certificate error
- test completes with warnings

I expect that OL2016 and probably O365 get the same and fail

Recommendations?  Fixes?

I was thning maybe I could ask the web host to temporarily redirect voxtm.ca to
office.voxtm.ca as a test.

GoDaddy says I should not change the DNS records so far as www and voxtm.ca.

Your consideration is appreciated!

NOTE: curiously I cannot view certificates for these sites in IE or EDGE.  Some
secure sites show the certs.  But not the ones I am trying to work with.  That
becomes a problem of course when you are trying to confirm the cert/site is
proper.

Cal