If what they are looking for is nothing more than access to a mailbox, you
can create a mailbox with the address, then provide accounts to the various
organizations that have READ ONLY Access to the mailbox via OWA. In ADUC
for the accounts going to outside organizations, you set the allowed log in
to NONE (blank out the workstation list). This prevents the users from
accessing any systems on the internal network. They can access via OWA
because they are not "logging in" only using AD for credentials
authentication, not access.

At least that is what I see as a possible solution from where I sit.

John M.