Yes, you just identified the issue yourself. You'll need both a custom receive
connector and a custom send connector, but just for that subnet, not for all of
your subnets.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Orlebeck, Geoffrey
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:06 AM
To: 'exchange@lists.myitforum.com'
Subject: [Exchange] RE: Removing Self-Issued Cert:

Joseph, thanks for the confirmation, I won't be removing the certificate
anytime soon :)

Michael,
The vendor's error logging shows the self-signed certificate (issuer = EXSRVR1)
is the one being presented and that's why it's failing-they don't trust the
issuer (EXSRVR1).

Also, when you wrote the "last certificate set to use SMTP should be the one
that is used", are you referring to when certs were assigned the services? Or
are you saying I can specify the order we 'prefer' the certificates be used? I
assumed the former, but wasn't sure.

One other thing is we have an IPsec VPN between the vendor and our organization
to allow traffic to our CAS servers. Would Exchange be seeing this as internal
traffic and attempting to respond with the internal certificate because the
default Receive Connector encompasses the entire IPv4 address space
(0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255)? I'm not sure if best practice is to go back and
define all of our internal subnets to remove the "catch all" connector.

Thanks,
Geoff