Thanks you for providing the list an update, Michael. I also want to publicly
thank you for all the assistance you provided on this, as well as on a daily
basis for this list. You, sir, are a national treasure.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Michael B. Smith
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 4:55 PM
To: exchange@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [Exchange] RE: Shared Calendar/Autodiscover problem

So I took this offlist with Bill and we eventually figured it out.

A recent change in his environment had set WinHttp\DefaultSecureProtocols to
only prefer TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2

That's a problem because Exchange 2010 only supports TLS 1.0 (when Exchange
2010 was written, even openSSL didn't support TLS 1.1/1.2).

So TLS 1.0 was added to WinHttp\DefaultSecureProtocols and now everything is
happy.

FYI:

By default, Exchange 2013 is not configured to support TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2.
Exchange 2016 respects the schannel configuration of the host operating system
(which gets a little complicated since Exchange supports LOTS of different
protocols!).

Current releases of Exchange 2013 and Exchange 2016 can be configured for TLS
1.1 or TLS 1.2. But it requires some careful configuration. That may change
this fall.

Be aware that if you try to turn off TLS 1.0, you will break connections to
large parts of the world-wide email ecosystem. There are still many servers and
services that only support TLS 1.0.