Many many thanks Michael.  That was really bugging the heck out of me.

Paul

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Michael B. Smith
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 12:39 PM
To: exchange@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [Exchange] RE: Test E-mail AutoConfiguration HTTP protocol server name
incorrect

After just a little back and forth, we were able to nail this down pretty
easily.

...and here is the answer.

>From Get-OutlookProvider we have (selected fields):

CertPrincipalName    : msstd:telstarcaa.scvl.com
Server               :
TTL                  : 1
OutlookProviderFlags : None
Name                 : EXPR

And from Dump-CasInformation.ps1 we have (OutlookAnywhere selected fields):

Server                          : TELSTAR1
Identity                        : TELSTAR1\Rpc (Default Web Site)
MetabasePath                    : IIS://TELSTAR1.scvl.com/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Rpc
SSLOffloading                   : False
ExternalHostname                : telstar.scvl.com
IISAuthenticationMethods        : {Basic}

The OutlookAnywhere ExternalHostname should be changed to telstarcaa.scvl.com
and the OutlookProvider EXPR CertPrincipalName should be set to null.

The reason why the configuration was working is because the OutlookProvider
EXPR configuration overrides the OutlookAnywhere configuration. However, best
practice says NEVER to modify the OutlookAnywhere EXPR configuration EXCEPT
when you have a wild-card certificate.

VoilĂ .

Or Viola, if you are southern, as I am. :)