> This is maddening.  It is enough, literally, to drive me to
> uninstall MDK 9.2 and go SuSE 9.0.  I have no sound in 9.2 on my
> desktop.
>
> Has anyone run into this and found a fix?  I tried installing the
> 9.1 kernel-src-2.4.21-0.13mdk rpm but it will not build on 9.2.
> Errors all over the place.  On 9.2 I started with the default
> 2.4.22-10mdk kernel, then built and tried 2.4.22-21mdk.  No go.
> No sound.  I have now built the 2.4.22-multimedia kernel and...no
> multimedia!  No sound.  Same problem.  There is something borked
> in the 2.4.22 kernel series with regards to sound.

this is just a guess.  I needed to do it the first time i installed
9.1 on my computer, but not the 2nd (same computer, though).

Anyway, get something soundy running, then in aumix, goto
mute-->mute all, then toggle it again.  Mine works when mute all is
selected.  Obviously, the toggle checkmark is backwards...

eric