On Monday 17 November 2003 10:40 pm, Glenn Burkhardt wrote:
> On Monday 17 November 2003 12:15 pm, Greg Meyer wrote:
> > On Monday 17 November 2003 11:13 am, Timothy Brown wrote:
> > > List,
> > >     Please don't flame me.  But where is linuxconf in M9.2
> > > Tim
> >
> > It's moved to contrib, but be careful, it is really quite broken in 9.2,
> > especially as related to Network stuff.
>
>                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> What a horrible shame!  It's really the only front end for a lot of network
> configuration.
>
> What are the problems?  I didn't find any bug reports on Cooker Bugzilla or
> bugs.mandrakelinux.com, or discussions in the mailing list for the last 3
> months...
Mandrake has completely changed it's network configuration files from what
linuxconf expects.  So everything gets borked if you try to use it.  If you
want to use it, you have a lot of work to do to make sure the right stuff is
installed and the config files are in the right place.  Unfortunately, if you
know enough to fix it, you know enough to not need it.  For networking
configuration, try the drakconnect applet in Mandrake Control Center.
Fortunately, that applet is much better now and makes netconf unnecessary
IMO.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx