Hello,

I'm trying to set up a LM 9.2 box with a Samsung 173V LCD monitor.  The
graphics card is an onboard SiS Savage 8 chip.   XFree86 runs OK, but when I
reboot I frequently get a black screen.  When I unplug the monitor for a few
seconds and get a "no signal" message, then plug it in, everything is OK.

I noticed a similar behavior on a different box when I was installing Win98
when booting from a floppy disk.  After it was installed, Win98 and the
monitor seem OK on that box.

I'm wondering is this more likely to be an issue with XFree86 and the graphics
card, or a problem with the monitor itself?