On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 03:32, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> So there isn't any problem is it?
> I saw this thing because of a system that seems to be
> slower and with more hd access so i assumed the
> message
>
> ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes;
> override with idebus=xx
>
> as something wrong on my system.

No problem.  You might try doing hdparm -m 32 to see if it speeds up
disk access.  But the reference to PIO mode would only affect you
directly if you had some really old HDD's or CD drives on the box.  The
PIO IDE bus and the UDMA IDE bus are "different" (Although I don't have
all of the details on the difference.) and you use one but not the
other.

james