On Tuesday 18 November 2003 07:27 pm, Jason Williams wrote:
> $ urpmq -i samba3-common
> medium "contrib" uses an invalid list file:
>    mirror is probably not up-to-date, trying to use alternate method
>
> Still gives the description, but that error is something i'd like to
> correct.

This happens to me all the time during the day, when many mirrors limit access
for anonymous ftp.  All it really means if you know your mirror entries are
good, is that the script could not gain access to the server through
anonymous ftp.

Try again outside of business hours, or try another mirror.  Being in the US,
I use the European mirrors in the afternoon, because it is evening there, an
Australian mirror for the same reason in the morning and the US mirrors in
the evening.  I actually get around this problem by keeping a local mirror of
the dist, contrib and update trees on one of my servers, and sync them at
night with a script.  This way I never have to worry about mirror
availability.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx