On Wednesday 19 Nov 2003 1:21 am, Jason Williams wrote:
snip

> >That error with
> >"medium "contrib" uses an invalid list file:
> >mirror is probably not up-to-date, trying to use alternate method"
> >
> >is a temporary issue because the list file on the mirrors is currently out
> > of date. It does not affect the operation of urpmi. It is just an
> > annoyance.
>
> Anyway to fix this manually? Or can I just resync my sources to get the
> updated tree?

It is the tree on the mirror that is broken. We will have to wait until it is
fixed.
 It is the file 'list' in the contrib folder that is out of date. The list
includes the old kernel packages that were replaced.
I do not know how urpmi uses the list file. It is clearly not essential since
not all sources have one.
When it is eventually fixed do a urpmi.update -a  to bring your database in
line with the mirror.
You should also be updating the database for your updates source frequently.

I automate my updates in a cron job with this :-

urpmi.update updates && urpmi --update --auto --auto-select

derek