On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 08:50, Praedor Atrebates wrote:

> Your sound system is virtually identical to mine.  I have also installed aumix
> and maxed out all the sliders.
>
> All I can say is that when I use 2.4.21 kernels, sound works flawlessly.  If I
> use anything in the 2.4.22 list, no sound.  Sound works in windoze.  Sound
> works for SuSE 9.0, mandrake 9.1, and 9.0.  Nothing changes when installing
> 9.2 at all except that sound magically quits working.
>
> praedor

2.4.22-18mdk does sound for me on two i810 machines:

i810_audio      : Intel Corporation|ICH2 810 Chipset AC'97 Audio
Controller [MULTIMEDIA_AUDIO]

i810_audio             25788   2
ac97_codec             15828   0 [i810_audio]
soundcore               6340   0 [i810_audio]

I had to work on it quite a bit though, switching back and forth from
OSS and ALSA, the renicing stuff mentioned earlier.
--
Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...

"In my motorcycle mirror I think about the life I've led and how my
soul's been aching all the holes where I have bled... My image spoke to
me, yes to me and often said, 'You are the son of incestuous union!'"
-- Nimrod's Son from Surfer Rosa and Come On Pilgrim by The Pixies