I have recently started trying to install lm sensors on my computer which has
a Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra Platinum motherboard.  I have had very mixed
results with the sensors including some very hard to diagnose hard locks on
the machine when I attempt to load the sensor modules.

Does anyone here have any experience working with lmsensors and want to take a
crack at helping me figure out the problem.

Scenario, I installed lmsensors by RPM, ran sensors-detect and let it create
the /etc/sysconfig/lmsensors configuration file.  When I restarted the
computer, the lmsensors init script kicked off, showed loading modules and
then nothing, hard lock.  I power cycled the machine, booted into failsafe
mode, disabled lmsensors init script and went back into Linux.  I manually
tried to load lmsensors init script and it hard locked again.  I rebooted,
went back and tried to manually load the modules that are loading from the
script and they loaded fine.  I then manually unloaded the modules and they
also unloaded fine.

I rewrote the lmsensors init script so that it was manually loading the
modules rather than pulling them from the /etc/sysconfig/lmsensors file.  I
ran the script and it loaded the modules, then stopped the script and it
unloaded the modules.  When I went to restart it, the machine hard locked
again.

I am currently trying to load only the i2c-viapro, i2c-isa, i2c-it87 and
it2-lm75 modules and skipping the adm1021 and eeprom modules since my machine
appears to have the most issues with the adm1021 module and I don't really
need the eeprom one.

I have just edited my modules file to load the i2c-proc module at bootup
rather than letting it load from the lmsensors init script.  If anyone has
any suggestions for me, I would really appreciate it.

BTW, sensors.conf is stock and I did not add any lines to /etc/modules.conf
except the alias for char-major-89 i2c-dev because the other adm1021 line
should not be needed since I am not loading adm1021.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer