Hello,

I am tinkering with factor and was wondering if it is OK to pick your
brains here? As I play around with the language questions come up that
are probably easy for you to answer. I don't see much action on the
#concatenative IRC channel so I thought the maling list might be a
better place?

As a starter:

- I see a common pattern in definitions of using `dip` instead of
`swap`. Is there some special reason for that? Is it more performant? I
know the words aren't interchangeable but e.g. `with-directory-files`
has `[ [ "" directory-files ] ] dip` which as far as I can tell is
equivalent to `[ "" directory-files ] swap`. I saw this pattern in more
definitions.

- is there any sequence generator/iterator vocabulary? Something that
gives or computes values on demand. One can find it in many languages
with a bit different flavor, e.g. Scheme, Rust, Python. I saw that there
is lists.lazy which can serve a similar purpose but is a bit more heavy
weight in some cases. Maybe this isn't needed in factor at all and you
use a different pattern to solve a similar problem?

All in all the language is quite fun, I like it when one has to fight
his own brain to get something done because one often learns so much
along the way.

Any tips welcome, thank you

--
   Peter Nagy