Bronte writes:
  The following email, posted on the ex-amma website, is from a former insider
devotee who claims she was on the edge of Amma's inner circle for many years.
This is what she claims to have seen.

  Jayson,
When I referred to her organization as being
masquerading I am reffering to my own experience and
that which I have learned through informative websites
(all of which have been posted in this forum on prior
posts).
Amma offers no accounts of her massive revenues she
collects on us tours, at all. Her math [ashram] in india is
the second largest receiver of foreign funding in the
entire country. Think about all the outsourcing of
labour that goes on in that country with all the
computer technology, clothing, phone sales etc... and
you will be amazed at how much revenue that must
equal. Yet all amma has to show for it are these
institution which generate MORE revenue and are not
charitable. There are so many rumors mixed with
factual evidence (very hard to collect because of her
unaccountability in her country) about her hospital
being a not of a charitable nature at all. They
exaggerate the free things they do and neglect to
mention that they are counting subsidy as charity.
For exaple say you need surgery in cochin. There are
three hospials. AIMS (ammas hospital) will in some
case offer it to you for less (were talking ten
percent maybe) than the competition. And that is
masqueraded as charity here in the west. Amma herself
has said this is charity. The housing is done with
mostly government labour (RSS volunteers/militia) and
is largely funded by them as well. Amma takes full
credit though. This is a fact and has been spoken
about in other forums. As for her schools, the so
called charitable medical college has two, yes two
students who are allowed to attend for free and they
must PAY the institution back upon graduation! This
is called charity? The schools for younger are
private schools, requiring tuition and are not cheap
by indian standards. Only the middle class kids get
to go. This is called charity. One only has to go to
india and start talking to some of the staff at these
institutions to get a real feel for the mockery.
Some have spoken to westerners about this. The truth
is slowly coming out. I personally witnessed many
poor, destitutes being barred entry from her programs
in india. They were treated as thieves when really
they just weren't the class of peole who would
patronize the show (and it is just as much a
merchandizing spectacle as it is in the west). I
personally know westerners who worked at AIMS who
witnessed the deception. I have just been around it
too long and have seen ammas attitudes and that of the
devotees directly instructed by her to treat poverty
with haughty contempt. I have personally witnessed
amma fawning over wealthy businessmen in india to
solicit funds. I have seen her do it in the west as
well. I know the protocol she gives her disciples
when any big money is around. I have seen her spend
hours in her private room with VIPS in india and the
west. Some aggressive panhandling. An ironic but not
overly imporant instance that changed my outlook was
when on u.s tour the swami was singing a particularly
beautiful devotional song to the divine mother lalita
and abruptly halted it when the mayor of lyle (chicago
suburb) came in. He was given a chair seat right on
the stage over amma and the darshan, where the singing
had formerly been taking place, and was showered with
attention and presents. I was there shocked thinking
about how amma says that the deities are present when
singing to them and how we should be so concentrated
to never miss a beat or mispronounce a syllable and
here right in front of amma the mayor of lyle gets
precedence over the divine mother. Like I said I was
on the fringes of the inner circle. Much more inside
than visiters, I spent years in india and did all us
tours but I still was never given any authority over
any charities so I have no documents. She only gives
control to her indian devotees whom she claims are
much more devoted than us. They are just more
brainwashed from a culture that breeds ignorance.
They have no options once having given up thier lives
to the math. Even if they saw corruption whom would
they tell. They could easily be killed as many have.
And to Dlaw. I value my life, thank you. I know too
many frothing at the mouth, psychotic devotees in the
area I live in alone. I would have to move or live in
fear if I told you who I was. Plus I am betting amma
doesnt have psychic abilities and wont sick any dogs
on me unless I reveal who I am. It should be apparent
from my knowledge of the workings of the us tour that
I am credulous. I will write more. I have so many
experiences to share about the mind control, ammas
real personality and misrepresentation of charities
but one can only read the previous postings of all
these sincere ex cult members to see that it is all
redundant.