On 30/9/03 4:30 AM, from the address: [EMAIL PROTECTED], you
wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> It's not redhat or kwrite problem.  Your file is *correct*.
>>
>> The problem is in windows and ie, and it's cause of your font.  There is
>> no glyph for "ARABIC KEHEH" and "ARABIC FARSI YEH" if your font, so ie put
>> az "?" instead.
>>
>> --
>> Behnam Esfahbod ......[ http://esfahbod.info | behnam(a)esfahbod.info ]
>>

>> ------------------------------
>
> Hi Behnam,
>
> Could you elaborate on Farsi Yeh issue?
>> From what I see, there is no Farsi keyboard layout (on PC or Mac) that uses
> the real Farsi Yeh (U+06CC) they use either U+0649 the Arabic Alef Maksurah
> (for Mac and some PCs) or U+064A the Arabic Yeh (for some other PCs, with
> chopped off dots in the Arabic glyph in the font!)
> To my knowledge, most Farsi fonts don't have real Farsi Yeh. Some do, but
> it's actually not being used by current Farsi keyboards on either platforms.
>
> Behnam  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> ------------------------------

> Hello,
>
> I don't know such things on Mac OS.
>
> In MS Windows, the default "Farsi" keyboard has correct "FARSI YEH", and
> also other replacment o experimental ones.  But old Microsoft's Fonts have
> problems with "FARSI YEH", that it's going to be corrected in new
> versions.
>
> In RedHat Linux, the keyboard and fonts, and other 3th party's fonts like
> Gnome are all correct in this field.
>
> You can use Microsoft Office 2003 and it's updated fonts to see this as
> you like! ;)
>
> --
> Behnam Esfahbod ......[ http://esfahbod.info | behnam(a)esfahbod.info ]
>

> ------------------------------
>

> On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 18:11, Behnam wrote:
>
>> From what I see, there is no Farsi keyboard layout (on PC or Mac) that uses
>> the real Farsi Yeh (U+06CC) they use either U+0649 the Arabic Alef Maksurah
>> (for Mac and some PCs) or U+064A the Arabic Yeh (for some other PCs, with
>> chopped off dots in the Arabic glyph in the font!)
>
> Windows 2000 and Windows XP both use U+06CC in their 'Farsi' keyboard
> layouts. I don't know about current versions of Mac OS (which has a
> keyboard named 'Persian'), but Panther (Mac OS 10.3) will include a
> Persian keyboard layout based on ISIRI 2901:1994.
>
>> To my knowledge, most Farsi fonts don't have real Farsi Yeh. Some do, but
>> it's actually not being used by current Farsi keyboards on either platforms.
>
> You're somehow right. But this is something that is being fixed
> everywhere, although not quickly.
>
> roozbeh

__________________________________

That's a very good news!
I'm a Mac user and I had to design a whole new Farsi keyboard layout to
include real Farsi Yeh (among other things) the current version (Jaguar) is
still using Alef Maksurah.
I also created a keyboard layout conform to ISIRI 2901:1994 based on the
information I could gather on the Internet. I'm glad Panther will take care
of this. But in the meantime, do you know where is the "small Alef" for
putting on the Final Yeh (in "hattaa" for example) or Farsi Hamza
(Yeh-e-raabet) that we put on the final Heh in this standard layout? I
couldn't find them anywhere.

> You can use Microsoft Office 2003 and it's updated fonts to see this as
> you like! ;)
>
> --
> Behnam Esfahbod ......[ http://esfahbod.info | behnam(a)esfahbod.info ]

I'm out of luck here. I have Microsoft Office for Macintosh but it doesn't
support right to left languages, nor Unicode. These things are reserved for
their own platform!

Roozbeh and Behnam, thanks both
Behnam  [EMAIL PROTECTED]