Behdad,

> First of all:  There are two Behnam's on this list interested in
> font issues!

Not to mention many more people with names starting or ending with "beh"!
(like Connie for example !!)

> Well, here is the problem, as Behnam Esfahbod mentioned earlier,
> the isolated letters (those that do not join to the left or right
> letters) and Persian YE and KE are those that are drawn with the
> small (bitmap?) font.
>
> And here is my explanation of the cause of the problem (just
> guessing from the symptoms, but pretty sure that's it):  First,
> the correct font (big one) do not have glyphs for Persian Ye and
> Ke letters.  And second one should be in the engine:  The
> isolated glyphs are shared between Arabic block (0600) and
> Arabic Presentation Forms B (FB00) in the font, and Mozilla and
> any other Arabic shaping engine maps the isolated letters to the
> Forms B block, but the rendering engine refuses to draw them, as
> its simply using the glyph for the 0600 codepoint.  It should be
> pretty simple to hack a workaround in the Mozilla codebase.  Send
> me an iBook and I will do that in a week.

I guess you got it right. I don't understand the programming part but I'm
familiar with Arabic Presentation Forms.
Let's hope Panther did the needed work. It's more practical than sending you
an iBook. Besides, I have a desktop computer!
A friend of mine in Italy  has Panther installed and he told me that
everything on his browser is now appearing normal with the exception of
dotted Yeh, which I don't think is related to the same issue.

Thanks,
Behnam