This is what we recommend ...

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/modify.html

     How Referential Integrity Works

When the Referential Integrity Plug-in (see "Referential Integrity Postoperation Plug-in," on page 510 <http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/plgintro.html#1080987>) is enabled, it performs integrity updates on specified attributes immediately after a delete or rename operation. By default, the Referential Integrity Plug-in is disabled.

Note

The Referential Integrity Plug-in should only be enabled on one supplier replica in a multi-master replication environment to avoid conflict resolution loops. When enabling the plug-in on servers issuing chaining requests, be sure to analyze your performance resource and time needs, as well as your integrity needs. Integrity checks can be time-consuming and draining on memory/CPU.

Kimmo Koivisto wrote:

Hello

I tried the referential integrity plug-in and it worked as expected with single master environment and groupofnames and groupofuniquenames groups. I read the admin guide but there were some things that I did not fully understand:

1. How about multimaster environment, if I have servers A and B and I enable plug-in to server A. When change is done to the server B, server A shoud make deletions ar modifications to the directory.

But what if the server A is down for maintenance and user is deleted from server B, what happends? Does the server A do anything when it is started after maintenance?

2. How to enable referential integrity to the memberUid attribute?
I have user cn=user,c=fi that has uid=user and that user is added to group example so that there is attribute memberUid=user. When user is deleted, uid should be removed from example group. How to achieve this?
I tried to add nsslapd-pluginarg7=memberUid to the plugin but it did not work.

I'm testing this with FC4 and FDS 1.0.4.

Best Regards
Kimmo Koivisto