On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:23 AM, Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas.mail...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I suspect the only reason that does not happen is we have a lot more
> CJK packages than Arabic packages (and no Fraktur packages that I know
> of).

:-)

You may be very right.

> It would be nice if our intended priorities and fontconfig settings
> for CJK fonts were documented somewhere (for every concerned locale).
> Then I could pester Behdad so he tells us how to achieve them cleanly.
> Right now, I'm not even sure this is clear to anyone but the concerned
> packagers. And every time I open a CJK fontconfig file I see magic of
> the blackest sort.

So, would you recommend a process and some high priorities?
fedora-i18n has a stake in this too, and we may be able to ask them
for some help.

(I would love to help in doing this, but I don't have much experience
with either CJK or fontconfig rules. I will jump in whenever Unicode
skills were called in. I also have a copy of the tome I mentioned
before, but haven't really spent much time with it.)

Roozbeh