So sorry to hear about little Yogi, Bob. He was lucky to have you! And the next
one will be lucky as well!
Ardy

-----Original Message-----
From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of ROBERT
CHAPEL
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2017 6:31 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Yogi's Passing

Over the months some of you might recall my little guy Yogi for whom I had
asked advice ( mostly about his eyes) on several occassions and most recently
for suggestions related to making money to be able to keep treating him..
Well my little Yogi passed away in my arms on Sunday morning....He had started
to go downhill a few weeks ago when his HCT dropped over a few weeks to 14....
 I did manage to get my hands on some Winstrol thanks to the efforts of others
on this forum to whom I am eternally grateful but he faded too fast for it to
have adequate effect ( or he simply was not one of the cats that was going to
respond to it) He got to pass peacefully at home on the bed that he knew so
well and with the hand of the guy that loved him and worked to keep him alive
all these months stroking him..  I had actually made arrangements to put him
down later that day after seeing the condition he was in that morning. I'm SO
glad I didn't have to keep that appointment.
It's been a tough go...   The little guy never really knew more than a few
months of health.
There was , honestly, nothing really remarkable about him ...just a ratty
little skinny thing with one clouded over eye.... but he was a sweet gentle
little soul that never so much as  attempted to scratch me despite all the
things I had to put him through to keep him alive....
There was almost nothing left of him at the end ( started with him at 6 months
old and 7.5 lbs and progressively over a year lost 3 lbs ( about 40% of his
body weight .  I probably would have put him down on at least
3 occassions if it wasn't for all the good advice and suggestions I got from
all of you that helped me press on .
So now I go from hurting every day watching him go downhill to the one big hurt
of losing him....  it will pass in a bit of time( though certainly not today!)
and it gives me the opportunity to give a home to another FeLV Cat that would
have spent it's life in a cage...... and to give a playmate to my still healthy
guy who is still very much a Kitten in his actions and DYING to have someone to
play with...this time I will FOSTER so that I don't go broke with cat care if
the next little guy/girl starts to go south well ahead of time...
Thanks to  all of you for being there for FeLV cats...  You all are the one bit
of luck the kitties who have come under your care have had....

Bob
Warwick NY