From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
Jennifer Olson
Sent: February-09-17 2:58 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] age

On Dec 22nd, 2016 an ADORABLE young male kitty arrived crying @ our home. We
already have 3 cats & a dog, so we tried to find him a home. After a month, and
having allowed him inside (kept seperate from our zoo) due to lethally cold
weather, we decided he was here to stay. I was DEVASTATED when he tested
positive for FeLV. My problem isn't whether to give him a chance at as long of
a happy life he may have ahead of him, but HOW !  We can't keep him alone in
the basement bedroom forever, there isn't even a decent sized window for him &
my heart breaks that the only time I can give him is to sleep by him at night.
The few times I check in on him during the day are so brief! He has SUCH
character, and is SO handsome. I don't know how he ended up at our home, unless
he was dumped or left a nearby farm.
WHERE are the rescue agencies for FeLV+ cats ? ? ? Currently I'm treating him
for skin mites (has ear mites TOO) so he MIGHT be deemed "adoptable" at a
shelter that does try adopting out FeLV+ cats. The precautions necessary to
keep the mites, FeLV, oh yes- AND worms (had to treat EVERYONE) from spreading
is also wearing me out.
CAN  ANYONE  HELP  US ?

On Feb 8, 2017 5:12 PM, <dlg...@windstream.net<mailto:dlg...@windstream.net>>