Anyone here ever dealt with a nasal polyp?
My 15 yo FeLV cat started having a chronic bloody nose (in one nostril
only) about 6 weeks ago. We did a shot of Convenia, then tried 2 weeks
of azithromycin antibiotics. Didn't help.
I took him in for a follow up yesterday and upon closer inspection we
discovered a polyp visible just on the inside of his nostril. It was too
small to remove with tweezers, so the vet prescribed another round of
azithromycin to kep infection at bay, and suggested we wait a month or 3
for it to grow bigger so we can remove it.
I'm just glad it's not cancerous, but the poor guy has sneezing fits daily,
wakes up with dried blood crusted around his nostril each morning, and I'm
wiping bloody specks off my floors and walls (from the sneezes. Looks like
a mini crime scene in my house :-P)
Curious if anyone else has had to help cats with nose polyps.
Felvtalk mailing list