Hi Molly

I tried Immunoregulin for a long time with my FeLV little boy, but it was
completely ineffective. You need to be doing regular (weekly or every other
week) blood testing, to monitor whether the Immunoregulin is helping or not.

If not, then don’t run through the full 21 weeks. There would be no point and
you will waste valuable time while she worsens.

I had good luck using a combination of Doxycycline (1/2 100 mg twice a day)
plus Winstrol (1 mg x2 day) plus prednisone/prednisolone (1/2 5 mg tablet x2 a
day). Even on this protocol, I recommend close weekly or bi-weekly monitoring
so you can see if you start getting a rise in the red cell indices, etc. Don’t
let your vet talk you out of one or another of these medications. You can’t
substitute another antibiotic for the Doxycycline, for example. Doxycycline has
anti-RNA properties (which allows it to interfere with the replication of
viruses when other antibiotics don’t do this.)

Some people in this group have also reported excellent results with “Zander’s
Protocol” while others have not. I am hypothesizing that this may be due to the
fact that it appears there may be as many as five different strains of the
virus, so perhaps the different strains respond or don’t respond to certain
things. The other thing that may affect outcome is timing. The virus shuts down
the bone marrow by killing or taking over the cells in the bone marrow. At some
point, there will be little in the bone marrow to turn back on (which it
appears the Winstrol can do in some instances).

Amani

P.S. – For those of you keeping score, I have corrected my previous description
of Zander’s Protocol because I found an old pill bottle and realized I had been
giving him ½ a 100 mg Doxy tablet twice a day, not a ¼ tablet as I had
previously reported. Sorry for any confusion.