The Winstrol doesn’t cost much, at least where my vet sources it. It is maybe
$1 a day (2 x 1 mg tablets).

Amani

From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
Katherine K.
Sent: February-27-17 1:13 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Nasal carcinoma :(

Thanks Amani. How much did it cost? He's already on prednisolone daily.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Amani Oakley
<aoak...@oakleylegal.com<mailto:aoak...@oakleylegal.com>> wrote:
Hi Katherine

I had a 16 year old cat who was diagnosed with an aggressive nasal sarcoma. I
decided to treat it with radiation, but before that, I figured that with such a
poor prognosis, I had little to lose trying other treatments (since none was
suggested) and I put her on the Winstrol/Prednisolone combination. I don’t
think I had her on the Doxycycline as well, but I may have.

Kaitlin did remarkably well on the pills. When I took her in for an assessment
to determine if radiation would help, the head oncology vet (a good friend)
told me that if we had succeeded in getting the response he had seen at that
point in time, AFTER he had done the radiation, he would have assumed it was
the radiation which had caused the improvement and considered the radiation
treatment a solid success. There was significant shrinkage of the tumour using
the Winstrol/Prednisolone treatment, and the tumour had been putting out vast
amounts of very very thick mucous, and that got under control as well. She
still underwent the radiation therapy and it may have helped, but honestly, I
think the meds helped more. Plus, the tumour was right between her eyes, and
when they aimed the instrument, some of the radiation hit one of her eyes, and
caused some damage.

She was with me another 2 – 2 ½ years.

Amani