Amani...

If we consider the extended time frame for Doxy and multiple courses of other ABX it makes a certain "intuitive" sense that a non bacterial infection is going to require a longer period of time to have whatever non-specific ( read... not related to bacterial infection necessarily)...  So little research money appears to be devoted to FeLV that I don't know that we'll know in the next decade unless the continuing demands of consumers ( who do NOT want to hear , in this day and age of " Miracles") that there is _ no hope_ for their much loved pets) alter this course.    I STILL bristle when I think of the closed minds in the medical and Veterinary community and SO resent that businessmen( Yes...that is what the vast majority are turning into now that practices are being forced to consolidate into " Health Systems").. hold the power of life and death over us AND our pets.   On the plus side.... with the business model being what it is ( and in contrast to the lost art of " professionalism")  The CONSUMER is always right.  Vets will be forced, in the future, to work more closely with the " customers" wishes as attachment to a given vet will become less common as time goes on and people will " practice shop " for the answers they want until such time as Vet services become so expensive that insurance becomes a " must have " and ultimately go the way of medicine ( ie...being confined to a slate of approved practitioners... again....limiting choice)...  But... there are some years to go before that happens and I feel that there IS a window of opportunity happening NOW and for the next few  years for people to have some real influence on how Vets practice....   I am betting, for example, that had I had the money to go to a more " well to do " neighborhood where people are more demanding and better informed I could have found a vet to cooperate...  Here in the "sticks" people just blindly accept what the vet has to say and they still enjoy the freedom of calling all the shots.....   This WILL end over the next couple of years.  I learned a lot with this first experience and made mistakes that I WILL NOT make again.

BTW....  Do you have any literature in support of the AntiRNA effects of Doxy...     I am SO happy that there are still a couple of things out there that we still can get our hands on that don't have to pass muster with script pad businessmen....  STILL I am also not advocating the the medically ill prepared take it upon themselves to decide that THEY will decide what is best for their animal... If we are going to go above and beyond our Vets advice it would best be with very sound reasoning and an EXCELLENT understanding of what we are doing and why.   Anything less and the community of Veterinary practitioners could easily dismiss our successes as "dumb luck" or ascribe them to " unknown" factors.....  I think this is particularly important re: Winstrol/Pred/Doxy   I'd hate to see people going to their vets asking for this combination of drugs and really having an inadequate understanding of why they are asking for beyond the fact that it's been recommended on our forum...    For myself... I am clear on the Whys of Winstrol and Doxy ( though will be looking for more lit support on the RNA effects of Doxy) but not clear on the whys of the Pred. Sorry for taking up so much space here but I'm having an " attack " of missing my little guy and am tremulous about being caught in the same position if I take in another FeLV as I am inclined to do....