Hi Bob

I am unable to attach the literature regarding the ability of Doxycycline to
interfere with RNA replication and/or interfere with viral infection, but here
are a few titles to look up on the Internet:

- Antiviral activity of doxycycline against vesicular stomatitis virus in vitro
- FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2015

- Control of small inhibitory RNA levels and RNA interference by doxycycline
induced activation of a minimal RNA polymerase III promoter - 2006 Nucleic
Acids Res. 34

- Inhibitory effect of doxycycline against dengue virus replication in vitro -
October 2013 Archives of Virology 159(4)

- Study of the antiviral activity of some derivatives of tetracycline and
non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs towards dengue virus - August 2013 Tropical
Biomedicine 30(4):1-10   (BY THE WAY - DOXYCYCLINE IS A TETRACYCLINE)

- A study of the clinical activity of a gel combining monocaprin and
doxycycline: a novel treatment for herpes labialis. (2012) J Oral Path Med
41:61-67

The following paper was interesting in that it explored the role of Doxycycline
in inhibiting tumour cell proliferation, angiogenesis, metastasis and migration
of cancerous cells (including leukemic cells) from the bone marrow:

- Doxycycline inhibits leukemic cell migration via inhibition of matrix
metalloproteinases and phosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase - published
Molecular Medicine Reports, September 2015 Vol. 12, Issue 3.

Amani

P.S. - By the way, Bob. The other thing that was featured in that show last
night about the fight against Ebola, is that the same doctor who contracted it
and was declared symptom-free, later began to develop eye problems and when
they examined his eye, they found millions of the Ebola viruses in the eye. The
programme explained that the eye was an area of reduced immunity in the body,
and thus, the virus had found a breeding ground where it remained, though it
had been cleared from the rest of the body. They therefore began treating the
doctor's eye, and the treatment was ultimately successful. It brought to mind
the problems Yogi had had with his eyes, and I wondered if the answer was
similar - that the virus had had a toe-hold there.