Bob - it is so painful to hear what you are going through. I am so sorry. But
Jelly does know you love him. Trust in that.

With respect to the syringe feedings, I usually use a 3 cc syringe. I start by
just trying to get a full syringe down in one sitting - little by little. My
feeling is that, though I want to do it little by little, I still want to try
to get at least 1/2 to 1 cc into the back of the mouth each time. That reduces
the number of times of having to pry open the mouth and get the food in. If you
are using baby food, I don’t water it down much or at all because the
consistency will allow you to put it safely at the back of the throat without
being concerned that it will trickle down the throat and cause choking or
liquid in the lungs, etc. I will quickly squirt 1/2 to 1 cc at the back of the
throat, hold the mouth closed for a few seconds and usually this results in
swallowing. I can usually get in a full syringe this way in a very short period
of time, thus minimizing the stress on the cat. If the food goes down fairly
well, I will gauge if I should try a second or a third syringe. I try to do
this 2 to 3 times a day, depending again on how much I am able to get in at a
go. My philosophy is that I would rather bother them for a longer period of
time each feeding, and try to go for 2 or 3 syringes, because this results in
less numbers of times to harass them over the course of the day.

With respect to the Winstrol and Prednisolone, these will not just help
regarding the anemia but may assist in drawing away fluid from the lungs.
Prednisone helps deal with inflammation.

I know you are doing your best for Jelly and we all know what you are going
through.

Amani