Well she certainly was blessed to find her way to you Amani. Hope she continues 
to do well - certainly glad that you are not one to simply buy into everything 
without question!


Ardy


-----Original Message-----
From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Amani 
Oakley
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 3:02 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Checking In...

Bob, you are a true hero to these little angels. It will absolutely hurt like 
hell when you lose your new boy, and you know that, but you are a kind soul who 
will take the pain to help these babies. Thank you for quoting me. It is 
something I have said for a long time to explain my insanity to others, 
especially my mom who couldn’t understand in the middle of all my sobbing about 
losing another one, why I continued to do this to myself.

I took home a little girl last year, who also had a diagnosis of cancer. The 
shelter where she had been staying, was closing down and she was obviously not 
adoptable. Someone at the shelter had heard of my reputation for being a sap 
for hard luck cases, so I was contacted out of the blue and asked if I would 
take her and let her live out her days sleeping on a comforter instead of in a 
shelter. I agreed. After watching her for a while, and obtaining her previous 
medical records and reviewing them, I was skeptical that she had cancer. She 
wasn’t deteriorating, but she had a whole lot of serious pain from something. 
Happily, after much running around and thousands of dollars, we had her in for 
surgery in March and a piece of tissue was removed (a remnant it appears, from 
an infected uterus which was removed) and I was so gratified to see the 
immediate change in her personality. She immediately brightened up - even 
played a bit - and started hanging around us instead of being in a poor mood 
and sleeping alone upstairs all the time. She still has pain but it has 
markedly reduced.

Every once in a while - something disastrous turns good. I am crossing my 
fingers for your new charge.

Amani

-----Original Message-----
From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of ROBERT 
CHAPEL
Sent: May-26-17 3:01 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Checking In...

So Glad to hear that no new " tragedies" have emerged of late and that Violet 
loves her catnip!.. I love the image I conjur of her eating a leaf or two and 
rolling in the Grass looking at you with her little head upside down....  It's 
been only a few weeks since I lost my buddy Magellin and though it's not with 
me on a daily basis I only have to encounter a surprise reminder to bring tears 
to my eyes ( eg... needing to put some meds for myself into a container and 
grabbing the nearest empty one which turned out to be Jelly's Mirtazapine 
container... 
virtually in a second the whole experience came rushing back... 
attempting to get him to eat..watching him lose weight... syringe feeding 
him...   Friends ask me " why are you considering doing it again" and all I can 
say is....  " It feels worse to NOT help than the pain of helping"...  Amani 
expressed a nice sentiment a few times when explaining to folks why she 
continues to do what she does...
" If the people who care about cats don't help them it's certainly not going to 
be the people who _ don't_ care about them" ( yes Amani I took a measure of 
literary license in quoting you...  Hope it's close : ) On Sunday I expect to 
take home my new Foster... and older " Miracle" 
survivor of some kind of traumatic encounter( we don't know what)... He was 
traumatically brain injured and could barely walk when he first came to 
us..when I drove him to the vet I was positive they would just put him down... 
but he made a miraculous recovery and is now just the sweetest lap cat you 
could know... but still not entirely steady on his feet..  In the last few 
weeks he developed a tumor behind one of his eyes and it is the consensus of 
two vets that it is a cancer that will kill him in a few months.... ( one of 
the vets had a cat with the exact same situation and used a combination of Sub 
Cu injectable alternative meds to keep the boy alive for an extra nine 
months...  I can't stand the idea of this sweet guy living out his remaining 
days on the bottom level of cages just sleeping there with little attention 
until he dies... He deserves to see the sun and to have someone to pet him and 
know a home for at least a few months....  I'm hoping that knowing in advance 
of taking him home that the only real surprise would be his actually surviving 
that I won't have the same level of sadness that my others guys engendered... 
Be that as it may... I'm doing it.


On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 12:19 PM, felvtalk-requ...@felineleukemia.org
wrote:

> Send Felvtalk mailing list submissions to
>       felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>        
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>       felvtalk-requ...@felineleukemia.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>       felvtalk-ow...@felineleukemia.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific 
> than "Re: Contents of Felvtalk digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Checking in... (Sheri Burbridge)
>    2. Re: Checking in... (Armstrong-Brown, Sheila   DDS Timonium)
>    3. Re: Checking in... (Ardy Robertson)
>    4. Re: Checking in... (Sandy)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 01:27:25 +0000
> From: Sheri Burbridge To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Subject: [Felvtalk] Checking in...
> Message-ID:
>       
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing? We've been very 
> busy here with the end of the school year, holidays, graduations, etc.
>
> My Violet is doing well, she seems happy and healthy although I'm 
> struggling to find a healthy food that she likes. She loved the honest 
> kitchen food when I first bought it but now isn't very excited to eat 
> it.
> I'm going to check out other options at a local pet health food store 
> this week to see if I can find something she likes.
>
> I got a tattoo for Mo about a week ago. I felt like it was the closure 
> I was looking for and the artist even let me put his ashes into the 
> ink.
> I
> know he is always with me now but I'm still very emotional about the 
> whole ordeal. It's been two months but still feels so raw.
>
> I hope all of you and all your fur babies are doing well, I just 
> wanted to pop on and say "hey". I'm so glad to be heading towards 
> summer and back in my garden again. It keeps my mind busy and is so 
> cathartic. We planted catnip for Violet, she absolutely loves it! It's 
> so funny to watch her bliss out when she eats a leaf or two?
>
> Best wishes,
> Sheri
> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
> scrubbed...
> URL:
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 11:30:25 +0000
> From: "Armstrong-Brown, Sheila   DDS Timonium"
>       
> To: "'felvtalk@felineleukemia.org'" Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Checking 
> in...
> Message-ID:
>       
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> I like that idea of the tattoo, very nice.  My baby Skylar is still 
> doing well and healthy.
>
> From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf 
> Of Sheri Burbridge
> Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 9:27 PM
> To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Subject: [Felvtalk] Checking in...
>
> Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing? We've been very 
> busy here with the end of the school year, holidays, graduations, etc.
>
> My Violet is doing well, she seems happy and healthy although I'm 
> struggling to find a healthy food that she likes. She loved the honest 
> kitchen food when I first bought it but now isn't very excited to eat 
> it. I'm going to check out other options at a local pet health food 
> store this week to see if I can find something she likes.
>
> I got a tattoo for Mo about a week ago. I felt like it was the closure 
> I was looking for and the artist even let me put his ashes into the 
> ink. I know he is always with me now but I'm still very emotional 
> about the whole ordeal. It's been two months but still feels so raw.
>
> I hope all of you and all your fur babies are doing well, I just 
> wanted to pop on and say "hey". I'm so glad to be heading towards 
> summer and back in my garden again. It keeps my mind busy and is so 
> cathartic. We planted catnip for Violet, she absolutely loves it! It's 
> so funny to watch her bliss out when she eats a leaf or two?
>
> Best wishes,
> Sheri
> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
> scrubbed...
> URL:
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 21:08:27 -0500
> From: "Ardy Robertson" To: Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Checking in...
> Message-ID: <000201d2d5c5$0be5d150$23b173f0$@centurytel.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Best of luck with little Violet!!
>
>
> Ardy
>
>
> From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf 
> Of Sheri Burbridge
> Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 8:27 PM
> To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Subject: [Felvtalk] Checking in...
>
>
> Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing? We've been very 
> busy here with the end of the school year, holidays, graduations, etc.
>
>
> My Violet is doing well, she seems happy and healthy although I'm 
> struggling to find a healthy food that she likes. She loved the honest 
> kitchen food when I first bought it but now isn't very excited to eat 
> it. I'm going to check out other options at a local pet health food 
> store this week to see if I can find something she likes.
>
> I got a tattoo for Mo about a week ago. I felt like it was the closure 
> I was looking for and the artist even let me put his ashes into the 
> ink. I know he is always with me now but I'm still very emotional 
> about the whole ordeal. It's been two months but still feels so raw.
>
>
> I hope all of you and all your fur babies are doing well, I just 
> wanted to pop on and say "hey". I'm so glad to be heading towards 
> summer and back in my garden again. It keeps my mind busy and is so 
> cathartic. We planted catnip for Violet, she absolutely loves it! It's 
> so funny to watch her bliss out when she eats a leaf or two?
>
>
> Best wishes,
> Sheri
>
> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
> scrubbed...
> URL:
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 16:19:15 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Sandy To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Checking in...
> Message-ID:
>       <585145957.42649470.1495815555539.javamail.zim...@comcast.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Happy to hear Violet is doing well - happy tails! Hope everyone has a 
> safe weekend! Sandy W
>
> ----- Original Message -----
>
> From: "Ardy Robertson"  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org Sent: 
> Thursday, May 25, 2017 10:08:27 PM Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Checking 
> in...
>
>
> Best of luck with little Violet!!
>
>
> Ardy
>
>
> From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf 
> Of Sheri Burbridge Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 8:27 PM To:
> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org Subject: [Felvtalk] Checking in...
>
>
> Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing? We've been very 
> busy here with the end of the school year, holidays, graduations, etc.
>
>
>
>
> My Violet is doing well, she seems happy and healthy although I'm 
> struggling to find a healthy food that she likes. She loved the honest 
> kitchen food when I first bought it but now isn't very excited to eat 
> it. I'm going to check out other options at a local pet health food 
> store this week to see if I can find something she likes.
>
>
>
>
> I got a tattoo for Mo about a week ago. I felt like it was the closure 
> I was looking for and the artist even let me put his ashes into the 
> ink. I know he is always with me now but I'm still very emotional 
> about the whole ordeal. It's been two months but still feels so raw.
>
>
>
>
> I hope all of you and all your fur babies are doing well, I just 
> wanted to pop on and say "hey". I'm so glad to be heading towards 
> summer and back in my garden again. It keeps my mind busy and is so 
> cathartic. We planted catnip for Violet, she absolutely loves it! It's 
> so funny to watch her bliss out when she eats a leaf or two ?
>
>
>
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Sheri
> _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing list 
> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
> scrubbed...
> URL:
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> Felvtalk mailing list
> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of Felvtalk Digest, Vol 37, Issue 2
> ***************************************
>

_______________________________________________
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
_______________________________________________
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org


_______________________________________________
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

Reply via email to