I don't have a lot to go on, but based on the results, and the physical finding
of a painful kidney, it might be a kidney infection gone septic. The total
white cell count is low, which may occur when the white cells migrate out of
blood circulation to move towards an area of infection in the tissues. You have
given a low neutrophil count, but I would also be interested in what is the
percentage of neutrophils. If it is a bacterial infection, I would expect a
higher than normal percentage of neutrophils. Also, I would be looking for a
left shift in the neutrophils. Did they report any immature neutrophils like
band cells? Any other neutrophil abnormalities such as toxic granulation?

The first thing I would focus on is ensuring sufficient hydration. Keep up with
the subcutaneous fluids at home. Also, oxygen would help since you want to keep
the cells well-perfused and with the dehydration and drop of red cells (though
they aren't too low), and oxygen needed at the clinic, you should give her some
more if you have a source of it at home. I am concerned that she isn't already
on doxycycline. I would perhaps ask the vet to consider intravenous
antibiotics, to get the antibiotics levels to go up faster than orally, and
then you can give her the oral antibiotics. If it is a kidney infection, fluid
replacement and antibiotic therapy is likely far more important than food
intake right now.

It isn't clear that this is an infection, but it might be. Was she tested for
vital signs? Did she have temperature, and possibly elevated heart rate. It
seems that she certainly would have had a reduced blood pressure, which again
is consistent with sepsis from an infection, but isn't the only thing that
might cause that.

I don't think this is a Winstrol situation just yet. I think instead that a
combination of broad spectrum antibiotics along with some
prednisone/prednisolone might be the better approach.

However, given that there is no definitive diagnosis yet, you need to watch her
closely. If there isn't an improvement fairly quickly on the antibiotics, your
vet will probably be considering other explanations.

Amani