They do get under our skin and become a necessary to our lives.  I have 3 15
pounders who think I am a mattress for them to sleep on.  Thank God they take
turns.  Does Gilbert like to KNEED a lot?  Homey gets into a trance and digs
deeply so I have had to explain to doctors what all those little red spots are.
 Do you have to foster, or can you just adopt so you can give pain treatment as
you see fit?
I end up adopting everyone that comes my way.  After just a couple of days I
could not let them go.

---- ROBERT CHAPEL <bcha...@optonline.net> wrote:

Amani...
As always... thank you for the advice and all the other references to
research ( Doxy, Cannabinol) that can be helpful down the road...   In
the case of Gilbert it is perplexing that they are so withholding re:
drugs.  Gilbert is a favorite of everyone and no one wants to see him
hurting....  I'll keep making suggestions.  Starting once again to pay
my own ( larger) medical contributions under medicare I cannot afford to
be taking him to vets on my own ( as well as it being a potential
problem if I do because he is ( technically) the shelters " property as
he is a Foster....   Right now he is on purefied liquid Venus Fly Trap
per a complementary Vet who is well regarded in the local
community...which she says helped her keep her own cats tumor at bay for
nine months (  This lady is not simply " out there"... but I have not
yet done any looking re: VFT as I was not planning to prolong Gilbies
life.. Just to make him comfortable and keep him out of the shelter
during his final days....  Now, of course, having gotten so used to and
loving having him with me I am interested in how to keep him painlessly
around with me longer....  I like watching TV with a 15 lb cat sitting
on my chest with his face inches from my own... snoring..

Bob