If only....everyone who has a cat or dog would get them spayed/neutered there 
would not be so many for us to care for.  I have heard all kinds of excuses 
like it costs so much.  If they did get their pets spayed/neutered they would 
not have the work involved in getting rid of them.  When a new one shows up 
here, they get neutered or spayed within 2 weeks after I have found out that 
they do not belong to anyone.

---- ROBERT CHAPEL <bcha...@optonline.net> wrote: 
> Hello Everyone...
Thank you so much for your concerns about " my " surgery but it is an 
unfortunate result of the structure of the mailings that this mistake 
was made....    I am not having heart surgery : )      Believe it is our 
member whose email is dlegg ( wish people would put their actual names 
on their postings) I forget in between time whose name is associated 
with which address.....     Seems when I've made and inquiry about 
activity on the group it engenders a rash of new mailings and confusion 
reins  : )   Glad, however, to see activity and that we are all still 
here....  I always learn something new when folks post their thoughts 
and practices on the group....   I am humbled by so many of you and your 
commitment to your Kitties... without people such as you the world would 
be a much more bleak place for the unwanted animals of the world.....  I 
get caught up in " if only's " even at my age and I think so often " if 
only" everyone would take in just  1 animal how much of an improvement 
that would make to the lives of animals everywhere.....  It is such a 
shame that not everyone feels toward animals as we do... they can't 
experience the joy and wonder that an animal brings to ones life or the 
simple pleasure of having a cat sit on your chest purring while you 
watch TV ( all 14 lbs of Gilbert and his drool( I _ could_ do without 
the drool!!)... somehow calm me when I am laying on the couch just 
relaxing..... and Bless you Sheila for your kindness and caring.    If 
you know anyone who could help you to become your own non-profit that 
could, potentially, reduce some of the burden of expense...   I KNOW you 
are beyond busy already but just wanted to mention it if you had not 
though about it already...  It's not a walk in the park to put in place 
but has some distinct advantages...

Bob C.


On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 12:14 PM, felvtalk-requ...@felineleukemia.org 
wrote:

> Send Felvtalk mailing list submissions to
>       felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>        
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>       felvtalk-requ...@felineleukemia.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>       felvtalk-ow...@felineleukemia.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Felvtalk digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: 28 Cats.. (Gloria)
>    2. Re: 28 Cats.. (Armstrong-Brown, Sheila   DDS Timonium)
>    3. Re: 28 Cats.. (Sandy)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 08:42:51 -0700
> From: Gloria To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 28 Cats..
> Message-ID: Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>
> Sheila, my 2 cents- - for me -  it's not just spreading the FeLV to 
> others, it the autoimmune problem of not being able to fight off 
> viruses or diseases that they could get from other cats.
> I have Buddy in our guest room - in a controlled environment- we 
> replaced the door with another re-engineered door. The replacement 
> door bottom panel we replaced with clear plexiglas so he can see the 
> other cats in the house, and the top panel with a screen door screen 
> guard panel for air and to get house sounds. He uses the plexiglas as 
> a drum-especially when he wants attention!
>
> I have spent at least 2 hours with him each night for the last 5 
> years- have my own easy chair and large screen tv :)
>
> That's the remedy I came up with so he gets plenty of loving and 
> entertainment- he's probably the healthiest of all the other 14 I have 
> inside!
>
> ?Food: no junk food, both wet and no-grain kibble -that includes a 
> variety of brands- and fresh water
> ?Vaccine: wouldn't touch it - I don't use vaccines unless required by 
> law
> ?Stress: I keep it as low as possible, that means only vet trips if 
> life & death- can't afford routine visits because we're living on 
> retirement funds ?Pray: a lot
> Will be praying for Robert too!
>
>
>
>
> -g ??
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 24, 2017, at 5:12 AM, Armstrong-Brown, Sheila DDS Timonium 
>> wrote:
>>
>> I heard the leukemia  vaccine carries a high risk of cancer.  Does 
>> anyone have their FELV cat around non-felv cats?  I thought about 
>> letting Skylar out only while I am home and see how it goes with the 
>> regular cats.  But I have a FIV cat in the mix of the other cats and 
>> not sure if they would pass germs and cause more harm.  My Felv has 
>> no signs of illness since he was moved him indoor.    I don't think 
>> he can be near the FIV cat.  Thanks for any info
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf 
>> Of ROBERT CHAPEL
>> Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 3:52 PM
>> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
>> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 28 Cats..
>>
>> Hi Sheila...
>> Wonder if you have anyone helping you with Cat Care ( or 
>> expenses).... that is a lot of cats to look after
>> and the expense could get rather overwhelming..... are some of them 
>> fosters???
>>
>> Bob
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 10:06 AM, felvtalk-requ...@felineleukemia.org
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Send Felvtalk mailing list submissions to
>>>    felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
>>>
>>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>> 
>>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>>>
>>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>>    felvtalk-requ...@felineleukemia.org
>>>
>>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>>    felvtalk-ow...@felineleukemia.org
>>>
>>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific 
>>> than "Re: Contents of Felvtalk digest..."
>>>
>>>
>>> Today's Topics:
>>>
>>>   1. Re: Checking in..... (Pam Doore)
>>>   2. Re: Checking in..... (Armstrong-Brown, Sheila   DDS Timonium)
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 15:56:06 +0000
> From: "Armstrong-Brown, Sheila   DDS Timonium"
>       
> To: "'felvtalk@felineleukemia.org'" Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 28 Cats..
> Message-ID:
>       <6194923b48b64835bf76a6d451b92...@nsc-dag4-04.ba.ad.ssa.gov>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> I have the same set up,  a door with plexi so he can see the other 
> animals.  He has a bed and tv and 2 big rooms to run around, I just 
> feel bad that he is alone most of the time until I get home and we 
> watch TV together for acouple.  I am scared of that vaccines b/c of 
> the dangers I hear about.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf 
> Of Gloria
> Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 11:43 AM
> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 28 Cats..
>
> Sheila, my 2 cents- - for me -  it's not just spreading the FeLV to 
> others, it the autoimmune problem of not being able to fight off 
> viruses or diseases that they could get from other cats.
> I have Buddy in our guest room - in a controlled environment- we 
> replaced the door with another re-engineered door. The replacement 
> door bottom panel we replaced with clear plexiglas so he can see the 
> other cats in the house, and the top panel with a screen door screen 
> guard panel for air and to get house sounds. He uses the plexiglas as 
> a drum-especially when he wants attention!
>
> I have spent at least 2 hours with him each night for the last 5 
> years- have my own easy chair and large screen tv :)
>
> That's the remedy I came up with so he gets plenty of loving and 
> entertainment- he's probably the healthiest of all the other 14 I have 
> inside!
>
> ?Food: no junk food, both wet and no-grain kibble -that includes a 
> variety of brands- and fresh water
> ?Vaccine: wouldn't touch it - I don't use vaccines unless required by 
> law
> ?Stress: I keep it as low as possible, that means only vet trips if 
> life & death- can't afford routine visits because we're living on 
> retirement funds ?Pray: a lot
> Will be praying for Robert too!
>
>
>
>
> -g ??
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 24, 2017, at 5:12 AM, Armstrong-Brown, Sheila DDS Timonium 
>> wrote:
>>
>> I heard the leukemia  vaccine carries a high risk of cancer.  Does 
>> anyone have their FELV cat around non-felv cats?  I thought about 
>> letting Skylar out only while I am home and see how it goes with the 
>> regular cats.  But I have a FIV cat in the mix of the other cats and 
>> not sure if they would pass germs and cause more harm.  My Felv has 
>> no signs of illness since he was moved him indoor.    I don't think 
>> he can be near the FIV cat.  Thanks for any info
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf 
>> Of ROBERT CHAPEL
>> Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 3:52 PM
>> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
>> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 28 Cats..
>>
>> Hi Sheila...
>> Wonder if you have anyone helping you with Cat Care ( or 
>> expenses).... that is a lot of cats to look after
>> and the expense could get rather overwhelming..... are some of them 
>> fosters???
>>
>> Bob
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 10:06 AM, felvtalk-requ...@felineleukemia.org
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Send Felvtalk mailing list submissions to
>>>    felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
>>>
>>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>> 
>>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>>>
>>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>>    felvtalk-requ...@felineleukemia.org
>>>
>>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>>    felvtalk-ow...@felineleukemia.org
>>>
>>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific 
>>> than "Re: Contents of Felvtalk digest..."
>>>
>>>
>>> Today's Topics:
>>>
>>>   1. Re: Checking in..... (Pam Doore)
>>>   2. Re: Checking in..... (Armstrong-Brown, Sheila   DDS Timonium)
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Felvtalk mailing list
> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 16:14:08 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Sandy To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 28 Cats..
> Message-ID:
>       <14070569.13183874.1500912848812.javamail.zim...@comcast.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
>
> It seems to me, each one of us has a different vet - and each vet 
> seems to have a differing opinion - it's what they "learned" in school 
> and unless they seek to know more and better info continue with the 
> same practices and opinions- such as the "yearly" vaccine protocol. I 
> guess it's like each one has to do for our own health care - be 
> informed and take charge. And, it's not easy
> Sandy ----- Original Message -----
>
> From: "Marlene Snowman"  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org Sent: Monday, 
> July 24, 2017 9:46:04 AM Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 28 Cats..
> My vet believes so although has made it clear that no vaccine is 100 
> percent effective and that an older cat with an established immune 
> system has more chances. Who really knows....
> Sent from my iPhone
>> On Jul 24, 2017, at 10:03 AM, Armstrong-Brown, Sheila DDS Timonium 
>> wrote:
>> So you believe the vaccine does work then? I thought about getting it 
>> for all 13 indoors but I want to still keep the FIV and FELV 
>> separated. Thanks for the info
>> -----Original Message----- From: Felvtalk 
>> [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Marlene 
>> Snowman Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 8:59 AM To: 
>> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 28 Cats..
>> I have a Felv 2 year old who I did introduce to my 7 year old non. 
>> The 7 year old has been vaccinated and retested over the 2 years and 
>> remains negative. The Felv has no visual signs of illness. I maintain 
>> separate litter boxes that get cleaned daily and separate dishes that 
>> are also cleaned daily. They are not affectionate with one another or 
>> groom each other, although they do play together. It warms my heart 
>> to think that the 2 year old is getting quality of life despite the 
>> illness. As my vet said, you have 2 cats and need this to work for 
>> them and my husband and I. So far I've been lucky and I am grateful 
>> that this is going well for them. Knowing what I now know, I'm not 
>> sure I would make the same decision if one would have been sicker at 
>> the onset.
>> My experience and these 2 may just be lucky so far.....wresting with 
>> the decision to introduce or not is a tough one.
>> M
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>> On Jul 24, 2017, at 9:12 AM, Armstrong-Brown, Sheila DDS Timonium 
>>> wrote:
>>> I heard the leukemia vaccine carries a high risk of cancer. Does 
>>> anyone have their FELV cat around non-felv cats? I thought about 
>>> letting Skylar out only while I am home and see how it goes with the 
>>> regular cats. But I have a FIV cat in the mix of the other cats and 
>>> not sure if they would pass germs and cause more harm. My Felv has 
>>> no signs of illness since he was moved him indoor. I don't think he 
>>> can be near the FIV cat. Thanks for any info
>>> -----Original Message----- From: Felvtalk 
>>> [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of ROBERT 
>>> CHAPEL Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 3:52 PM To: 
>>> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 28 Cats..
>>> Hi Sheila... Wonder if you have anyone helping you with Cat Care ( 
>>> or expenses).... that is a lot of cats to look after and the expense 
>>> could get rather overwhelming..... are some of them fosters???
>>> Bob
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 10:06 AM, 
>>> felvtalk-requ...@felineleukemia.org wrote:
>>>> Send Felvtalk mailing list submissions to 
>>>> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
>>>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>>> 
>>>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.or 
>>>> g
>>>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to 
>>>> felvtalk-requ...@felineleukemia.org
>>>> You can reach the person managing the list at 
>>>> felvtalk-ow...@felineleukemia.org
>>>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific 
>>>> than "Re: Contents of Felvtalk digest..."
>>>>
>>>> Today's Topics:
>>>> 1. Re: Checking in..... (Pam Doore) 2. Re: Checking in..... 
>>>> (Armstrong-Brown, Sheila DDS Timonium)
>>>>
>>>> 
>>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>>>> -
>>>> Message: 1 Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 09:38:42 -0400 From: Pam Doore 
>>>> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Checking 
>>>> in..... Message-ID:
>>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>>>> I understand Sheila! I have my first too, actually Mom and her 
>>>> kittens. One kitten passed away.and the other is 15 months old. 
>>>> Plus I took another FeLv+ cat from out shelter. I will probably end 
>>>> up adopting her too :). On Jul 21, 2017 8:34 AM, "Armstrong-Brown, 
>>>> Sheila DDS Timonium" < sheila.armstrong-br...@ssa.gov> wrote:
>>>>> No, he said it was no big deal at all. I just worry. This is my 
>>>>> first FELV cat.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> *From:* Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] *On 
>>>>> Behalf Of *Pam Doore *Sent:* Friday, July 21, 2017 8:21 AM *To:* 
>>>>> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org *Subject:* Re: [Felvtalk] Checking 
>>>>> in.....
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Sheila did your vet seem concerned about the higher cholesterol?
>>>>> On Jul 21, 2017 7:44 AM, "Armstrong-Brown, Sheila DDS Timonium" < 
>>>>> sheila.armstrong-br...@ssa.gov> wrote:
>>>>> It was part of a blood panel I had done on him. I get bloodwork 
>>>>> every 6 months and I thought it was odd too.
>>>>> -----Original Message----- From: Felvtalk 
>>>>> [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of 
>>>>> dlg...@windstream.net Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:57 PM To: 
>>>>> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Checking 
>>>>> in.....
>>>>> I have never had anyone tell me my cats needed cholesterol tested. 
>>>>> i was beginning to wonder if the list was still there, had not 
>>>>> heard anything.
>>>>> ---- Amani Oakley wrote:
>>>>>> It if were me, I would ignore the cholesterol. It is nonsensical 
>>>>>> in cats
>>>>> (and being called into question in humans too).
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Amani
>>>>>> From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On 
>>>>>> Behalf Of Armstrong-Brown, Sheila DDS Timonium Sent: July-20-17 
>>>>>> 10:37 AM To: 'felvtalk@felineleukemia.org' Subject: Re: 
>>>>>> [Felvtalk] Checking in.....
>>>>>> My son Skylar is doing well and his 6 month bloodwork came back 
>>>>>> great.
>>>>> High cholesterol is all. No idea why that would be. He is now 2 
>>>>> 1/2 years old, I hope he is around a long time.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On 
>>>>>> Behalf Of ROBERT CHAPEL Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 10:28 AM 
>>>>>> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org Subject: [Felvtalk] Checking 
>>>>>> in.....
>>>>>> Things have been very quiet on the group lately...OR... I am once 
>>>>>> again
>>>>> not getting group mail....
>>>>>> Has there been activity I've missed?? My Hospice Boy ( Gilbert) 
>>>>>> is doing quite well for the moment but ( as we
>>>>> all know with such things it could change any minute...so I'll 
>>>>> just enjoy it while it's happening).... Wondering if any of you 
>>>>> have experience with Higher dose Prednisolone administered 
>>>>> chronically ( say above 7.5 mg QD)... When I agreed to Foster 
>>>>> Gilbert it came with the proviso that I would follow their 
>>>>> directions ( Which I will hold to unless I feel they are killing 
>>>>> him unnecessarily quickly) His Tumor does not appear to have 
>>>>> gotten any larger and his pain appears to be pretty well 
>>>>> controlled.... Just wish I knew specifically what is helping the 
>>>>> most so I could cut down on superfluous drugs....currently he's on 
>>>>> Gabapentin( .4 cc BID if pain is up.. QD if doing OK).. for pain, 
>>>>> prednisolone ( 10 mg QD administered via syringe dissolved in 
>>>>> milk, Venus Fly Trap SubQ BID ( interesting substance... bears 
>>>>> closer scrutiny... supposed to have anti tumor activity) Two other 
>>>>> " alternative " medications ! which I h ave suspended only because 
>>>>> the poor boy screams bloody murder every time I have to give him 
>>>>> something..... with a tumor invading his oral cavity I want to 
>>>>> keep anything PO to a minimum....
>>>>>> Seems that the cats I've had that are _ supposed_ to ( clincally) 
>>>>>> die don't and the ones that that aren't ..do Hope everyones 
>>>>>> buddies are
>>>>> doing reasonably well ( as reasonably well as FeLV Kitties can 
>>>>> do)... Gilbert, as I mentioned, had a traumatic brain injury which 
>>>>> has left him with poor balance... but lately he's been insistent 
>>>>> on expanding his range and even tried running this AM... Wasn't in 
>>>>> anything resembling a straight line but the spirit in this guy is 
>>>>> enough to make you weep... Guess that's part of why I am such a 
>>>>> fan of animals.... they simply do what they have to and do it 
>>>>> without complaint ( Sure glad they can't speak...perhaps I'd like 
>>>>> them less if their inner thoughts were more like ( Why ME?? I'm a 
>>>>> more thoughtful caring cat than Mittens over there; why did _ I_ 
>>>>> have to get hit by a car and THEN get cancer!!... and there's that 
>>>>> jerk Mittens running around all carefree and happy...where's the 
>>>>> Justice I ask you!!!!)...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Bob
>>>>>> Bob
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing 
>>>>> list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
>>>>> 
>>>>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.o 
>>>>> rg
>>>>> _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing 
>>>>> list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
>>>>> 
>>>>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.o 
>>>>> rg
>>>>> _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing 
>>>>> list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
>>>>> 
>>>>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.o 
>>>>> rg
>>>>>
>>>> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
>>>> scrubbed... URL: ------------------------------
>>>> Message: 2 Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 14:03:15 +0000 From: 
>>>> "Armstrong-Brown, Sheila DDS Timonium"
>>>> To: "'felvtalk@felineleukemia.org'" Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 
>>>> Checking in..... Message-ID: 
>>>> <2aabed0b545f4a3c9da8b797ebc78...@nsc-dag4-04.ba.ad.ssa.gov> 
>>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>>>> I am scared to get him a friend since I have 14 other cats in the 
>>>> house. He is alone in a big area of the house. But I am not sure if 
>>>> him and another cat would spread germs back and forth. My cat clan 
>>>> is up to 28 cats. Insane.
>>>> From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On 
>>>> Behalf Of Pam Doore Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 9:39 AM To: 
>>>> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Checking 
>>>> in.....
>>>>
>>>> I understand Sheila! I have my first too, actually Mom and her 
>>>> kittens. One kitten passed away.and the other is 15 months old. 
>>>> Plus I took another FeLv+ cat from out shelter. I will probably end 
>>>> up adopting her too :). On Jul 21, 2017 8:34 AM, "Armstrong-Brown, 
>>>> Sheila DDS Timonium" > wrote: No, he said it was no big deal at 
>>>> all. I just worry. This is my first FELV cat.
>>>> From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On 
>>>> Behalf Of Pam Doore Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 8:21 AM To: 
>>>> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Checking 
>>>> in.....
>>>>
>>>> Sheila did your vet seem concerned about the higher cholesterol? On 
>>>> Jul 21, 2017 7:44 AM, "Armstrong-Brown, Sheila DDS Timonium" > 
>>>> wrote: It was part of a blood panel I had done on him. I get 
>>>> bloodwork every 6 months and I thought it was odd too.
>>>> -----Original Message----- From: Felvtalk 
>>>> [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of 
>>>> dlg...@windstream.net Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:57 PM To: 
>>>> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Checking 
>>>> in.....
>>>> I have never had anyone tell me my cats needed cholesterol tested. 
>>>> i was beginning to wonder if the list was still there, had not 
>>>> heard anything.
>>>> ---- Amani Oakley > wrote:
>>>>> It if were me, I would ignore the cholesterol. It is nonsensical 
>>>>> in cats (and being called into question in humans too).
>>>>> Amani
>>>>> From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On 
>>>>> Behalf Of Armstrong-Brown, Sheila DDS Timonium Sent: July-20-17 
>>>>> 10:37 AM To: 'felvtalk@felineleukemia.org' Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] 
>>>>> Checking in.....
>>>>> My son Skylar is doing well and his 6 month bloodwork came back 
>>>>> great. High cholesterol is all. No idea why that would be. He is 
>>>>> now 2 1/2 years old, I hope he is around a long time.
>>>>> From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On 
>>>>> Behalf Of ROBERT CHAPEL Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 10:28 AM To: 
>>>>> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Subject: [Felvtalk] Checking in.....
>>>>> Things have been very quiet on the group lately...OR... I am once 
>>>>> again not getting group mail.... Has there been activity I've 
>>>>> missed?? My Hospice Boy ( Gilbert) is doing quite well for the 
>>>>> moment but ( as we all know with such things it could change any 
>>>>> minute...so I'll just enjoy it while it's happening).... Wondering 
>>>>> if any of you have experience with Higher dose Prednisolone 
>>>>> administered chronically ( say above 7.5 mg QD)... When I agreed 
>>>>> to Foster Gilbert it came with the proviso that I would follow 
>>>>> their directions ( Which I will hold to unless I feel they are 
>>>>> killing him unnecessarily quickly) His Tumor does not appear to 
>>>>> have gotten any larger and his pain appears to be pretty well 
>>>>> controlled.... Just wish I knew specifically what is helping the 
>>>>> most so I could cut down on superfluous drugs....currently he's on 
>>>>> Gabapentin( .4 cc BID if pain is up.. QD if doing OK).. for pain, 
>>>>> prednisolone ( 10 mg QD administered via syringe dissolved in 
>>>>> milk, Venus Fly Trap SubQ BID ( interesting substance... bears 
>>>>> closer scrutiny... supposed to have anti tumor activity) Two other 
>>>>> " alternative " medications !
>>>> which I h ave suspended only because the poor boy screams bloody 
>>>> murder every time I have to give him something..... with a tumor 
>>>> invading his oral cavity I want to keep anything PO to a 
>>>> minimum....
>>>>> Seems that the cats I've had that are _ supposed_ to ( clincally) 
>>>>> die don't and the ones that that aren't ..do Hope everyones 
>>>>> buddies are doing reasonably well ( as reasonably well as FeLV 
>>>>> Kitties can do)... Gilbert, as I mentioned, had a traumatic brain 
>>>>> injury which has left him with poor balance... but lately he's 
>>>>> been insistent on expanding his range and even tried running this 
>>>>> AM... Wasn't in anything resembling a straight line but the spirit 
>>>>> in this guy is enough to make you weep... Guess that's part of why 
>>>>> I am such a fan of animals.... they simply do what they have to 
>>>>> and do it without complaint ( Sure glad they can't speak...perhaps 
>>>>> I'd like them less if their inner thoughts were more like ( Why 
>>>>> ME?? I'm a more thoughtful caring cat than Mittens over there; why 
>>>>> did _ I_ have to get hit by a car and THEN get cancer!!... and 
>>>>> there's that jerk Mittens running around all carefree and 
>>>>> happy...where's the Justice I ask you!!!!)...
>>>>> Bob
>>>>> Bob
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing 
>>>> list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
>>>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.or 
>>>> g
>>>> _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing 
>>>> list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
>>>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.or 
>>>> g
>>>> _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing 
>>>> list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
>>>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.or 
>>>> g -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
>>>> scrubbed... URL: ------------------------------
>>>> Subject: Digest Footer
>>>> _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing 
>>>> list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
>>>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.or 
>>>> g
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>> End of Felvtalk Digest, Vol 39, Issue 5 
>>>> ***************************************
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing 
>>> list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
>>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>>> _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing 
>>> list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
>>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>>
>> _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing list 
>> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>> _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing list 
>> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
>> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>
> _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing list 
> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> Felvtalk mailing list
> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of Felvtalk Digest, Vol 39, Issue 14
> ****************************************
>

_______________________________________________
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org



_______________________________________________
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

Reply via email to