At 01:04 PM 8/7/03 EDT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm using Win2003 and suddenly Finale refused to open. This is the message
>I got:
> Error starting program:
> The MSVCP60.DLL file is linked to missing export
> MSVCRT.DLL:_lc_collate_cp.

Search support.microsoft.com for "Msvcp60.dll is linked to the missing
export Msvcrt.dll" (and also Google)

There are lots of results. This affects many programs. It seems to be
recommended that you extract a new copy of msvcrt.dll from you Windows
installation. Depending on what version of Windows you are running, you may
be able to use the repair files function of the maintenance wizard.

Here's Microsoft's other option (Win98):

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, use the following methods in the order that they are
presented.
Extract A New Copy of the Msvcrt.dll file
To resolve this issue, extract a new copy of the Msvcrt.dll file from the
original Microsoft Windows installation CD-ROM or floppy disk to the
following folder:
  drive:\Windows\System
  where drive is the drive letter of the hard disk where Microsoft Windows
is installed.
Note These steps are for Windows 98 only.
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type sfc, and then click OK.
Click Extract one file from installation disk.
In the text box, type msvcrt.dll, and then click Start.
Click OK, and then follow the instructions on backing up the existing file
before you overwrite it.
If you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.
For additional information about how to extract files from the Windows
CD-ROM or a Windows floppy disk, click the article number below to view the
article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
129605 How to Extract Original Compressed Windows Files

And of course there's the famous Windows Annoyances site at
http://www.annoyances.org/
Sunday, April 20, 2003 at 8:08 pm
Posted by janette burright
April 20, 2003 , I downloaded , installed my Quickcam, and it was installed
by following the directions, everything seemed okay until I wanted to go
online with AOL, the i get amessage "Starting Program Error, missing export
MSVCP60.DLL:_lc_collate_cp. I am using WINDOWS 98. I unistalled cam still
having same message. I can get on line with YAHOO Messenger . HELP PLEASE
Saturday, June 21, 2003 at 2:20 am
Posted by Jimmy
I encountered the same problem. Just restore msvcrt.dll again from your
your Windows 98SE installation CD. For more info on how to do this, just go
to http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284284. Jimmy

Dennis