Alexander et al,

Apple Closed my Bug saying that the CLI works, and that the issue is with fink.
If this is not the case, please let them know.  I do not a system to test CLI
as I am now on Sierra on my machines.
I have sent this info to fink-users in case someone has a system to test and
ensure fink, in fact, it generating a false warning.

thanks,
jw

at
https://bugreport.apple.com/problem/viewproblem
Bug ID 28356077 - Xcode 8 installs on El Capitan.

<quote>
Apple Developer Relations   13-Oct-2016 05:13 PM
Engineering has provided the following information regarding this issue:

Please know that there is not incompatibility.  You should report the issue to
fink and request that fink remove the incorrect warning.
</quote>

Here is my bug report:
incompatible Command Line Tools.  One cannot install
Command_Line_Tools_macOS_10.12_for_Xcode_8

Steps to Reproduce:
1. install Xcode 8 on El Capitan system from App Store.

Expected Results:
compilation from Command Line.

Actual Results:
WARNING: Xcode.app version (8.0) and Xcode Command Line Tools version (7.3)
are not compatible.
You may experience build errors.

Version:
Xcode 8.0  (8A218a)

Notes:
Installer should prevent installation, or bring up dialog explaining
incompatible Command Line Tools (and others) will result if installation
continues.

Configuration:
MacOS El Capitan 10.11.6

Attachments: