The build asked to install llvm-gcc42 llvm-gcc42-shlibs xmkmf which I accepted,
and it proceeded to the end with

Removing fink-buildlock-transfig-graphicx-3.2.5d-1014 ...

Updating the list of locally available binary packages.

Scanning dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-x86_64

New package:
dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/devel/xmkmf_1.0.6-1304_darwin-x86_64.deb

New package:
dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/graphics/transfig-graphicx_3.2.5d-1014_darwin-x86_64.deb

Downloading the indexes of available packages in the binary distribution.

/sw/bin/apt-get-lockwait -q update

Get:1 http://bindist.finkmirrors.net stable/main Packages [1173kB]

Get:2 http://bindist.finkmirrors.net stable/main Release [85B]

Fetched 1173kB in 1s (683kB/s)

Reading Package Lists...

Building Dependency Tree...

Did this create a binary transfig-graphicx? Should I go back to trying to
install Octave at this point?  Or is it time for "apt-get"?