> On Oct 27, 2016, at 13:29, Mike Wilkes <mike.wil...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> The build asked to install llvm-gcc42 llvm-gcc42-shlibs xmkmf which I
> accepted, and it proceeded to the end with
>
> Removing fink-buildlock-transfig-graphicx-3.2.5d-1014 ...
> Updating the list of locally available binary packages.
> Scanning dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-x86_64
> New package:
> dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/devel/xmkmf_1.0.6-1304_darwin-x86_64.deb
> New package:
> dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/graphics/transfig-graphicx_3.2.5d-1014_darwin-x86_64.deb
> Downloading the indexes of available packages in the binary distribution.
> /sw/bin/apt-get-lockwait -q update
> Get:1 http://bindist.finkmirrors.net stable/main Packages [1173kB]
> Get:2 http://bindist.finkmirrors.net stable/main Release [85B]
> Fetched 1173kB in 1s (683kB/s)
> Reading Package Lists...
> Building Dependency Tree...
>
> Did this create a binary transfig-graphicx? Should I go back to trying to
> install Octave at this point?  Or is it time for "apt-get"?

I’d start by trying to install transfig-graphicx via apt-get; just use “sudo
apt-get install transfig-graphicx” and don’t worry about the versioning.
apt-get is a bit better about being able to do recursive removals than fink,
and so you might see messages about potential package removals that you weren’t
seeing earlier.

If transfig-graphicx installs, then at that point you’re probably OK to
continue on to Octave.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison