On Jan 11, 2017, at 1:15 PM, Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>> ### execution of /tmp/fink.jVTZb failed, exit code 2
>> Removing runtime build-lock...
>> Removing build-lock package...
>> /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-python27-2.7.13-1
>> (Reading database ... 254562 files and directories currently installed.)
>> Removing fink-buildlock-python27-2.7.13-1 ...
>> Failed: phase compiling: python27-2.7.13-1 failed
>>
>> Before reporting any errors, please run "fink selfupdate" and try again.
>> Also try using "fink configure" to set your maximum build jobs to 1 and
>> attempt to build the package again.
>> If you continue to have issues, please check to see if the FAQ on Fink's
>> website solves the problem.  If not, ask on one (not both, please) of
>> these mailing lists:
>>
>>      The Fink Users List <fink-us...@lists.sourceforge.net>
>>      The Fink Beginners List <fink-beginners@lists.sourceforge.net>,
>>
>> with a carbon copy to the maintainer:
>>
>>      Daniel Johnson <dan...@daniel-johnson.org>
>>
>> Note that this is preferable to emailing just the maintainer directly,
>> since most fink package maintainers do not have access to all possible
>> hardware and software configurations.
>>
>> Please try to include the complete error message in your report.  This
>> generally consists of a compiler line starting with e.g. "gcc" or "g++"
>> followed by the actual error output from the compiler.
>>
>> Also include the following system information:
>> Package manager version: 0.41.1
>> Distribution version: selfupdate-cvs Mon Jan  9 12:15:05 2017, 10.12, x86_64
>> Trees: local/main stable/main local/injected
>> Xcode.app: 8.2.1
>> Xcode command-line tools: 8.2.0.0.1.1480973914
>> Max. Fink build jobs:  8
>
> I don’t reproduce this on my own 10.12/Xcode 8.2 setup, either, so my guess
> is that you’ve got something wacky going on with this machine.  My
> /usr/include/sys/random.h has
>
> int getentropy(void* buffer, size_t size);
>
> on line 37.  You might check whether that file is indeed different on your
> laptop and the problem box.
>
> Since this is a system header, fixing it might be a bit tricky.
>
> $ pkgutil --file-info /usr/include/sys/random.h
> volume: /
> path: /usr/include/sys/random.h
>
> pkgid: com.apple.pkg.DevSDK
> pkg-version: 10.12.2.1.1.1480484267
> install-time: 1480522158
> uid: 0
> gid: 0
> mode: 444
>
> pkgid: com.apple.pkg.DevSDK_OSX1012
> pkg-version: 8.2.0.0.1.1480973914
> install-time: 1481659218
> uid: 0
> gid: 0
> mode: 444
>
> It’s possible to get at the disk image buried in the OS X installer so that
> you can get at the packages it contains, but I don’t have that information
> off the top of my head.
>
> As a workaround, as long as the laptop is running the same OS X major version
> as the other machine you can copy the .deb from the laptop over and install

Thanks.  I finally got to check the files.

1) "int getentropy(void* buffer, size_t size);” does not appear on line 37.  I
suspect this is because …

2) I have wrong package installed, which is from 10.11

mcrc13-39>  pkgutil --file-info /usr/include/sys/random.h
volume: /
path: /usr/include/sys/random.h

pkgid: com.apple.pkg.DevSDK
pkg-version: 10.11.3.0.1.1456982112
install-time: 1477449117
uid: 0
gid: 0
mode: 444

pkgid: com.apple.pkg.DevSDK_OSX1011
pkg-version: 8.2.0.0.1.1480973914
install-time: 1481654758
uid: 0
gid: 0
mode: 444

pkgid: com.apple.pkg.DevSDK_OSX1012
pkg-version: 8.1.0.0.1.1476494586
install-time: 1477932058
uid: 0
gid: 0
mode: 444

So the first question is: if i do an OS re-install from the on-line image from
Apple, will this issue be resolved?

Best!

-Ross

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the
original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability