Xquartz is currently testing the upcoming 2.7.10 release which has the
following significant change....

libXt

Both libXt.6.dylib and libXt.7.dylib are two-level-namespaced now
A flat_namespace version of libXt is available in
/opt/X11/lib/flat_namespace to help ease the transition (#96292)

Set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/X11/lib/flat_namespace when executing older
non-compliant software (eg: Motif-based applications)
Motif users are encouraged to file bugs against Motif to encourage them to
fix that library

     Upstream is attempting to deprecate out the libXt.7.dylib with a
symlink to libXt.6.dylib (as both are now linked as two-level namespace).
Unfortunately, they didn't think this one through as it breaks all binaries
linked against libXt under Xquartz 2.7.9 (as those expect the library to
have the 8.0.0 soversion from libXt.7.dylib instead of the 7.0.0 one from
libXt.6.dylib). Currently you have to rebuild any packages built under
Xquartz 2.7.9 which linked libXt after upgrading to Xquartz 2.7.10-rc2.

     I've alerted upstream of this issue....

https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/xquartz-dev/2016-September/004008.html

and expect they will solve this by releasing an -rc3 with the symlink for
libXt.7.dylib replaced by the actual shared library as in 2.7.9. Note that
in 2.7.10, libXt.dyib points at libXt.6.dylib since its flat-namespace
linkage has been replaced with two-level namespace linkage for both.
                Jack
ps Note that the flat-namespace libXt.6.dylib provided by Xquartz in 2.7.10
in /opt/X11/lib/flat_namespace can't be used for builds as the path in its
install name is intentionally set to /opt/X11/lib.

I've placed proposed libxt-flat-namespace-shlibs packaging on fink tracker
to provide the missing flat-namespace libXt.6.dylib for use in builds of
and against openmotif4. I've also placed updated packaging for those
packages that use openmotif4 on fink tracking which uses this new
libxt-flat-namespace-shlibs package.