> On Apr 5, 2017, at 11:31, <shann...@users.sourceforge.net>
> <shann...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> Fink Folks,
>
> I am trying to create a package for a very old bit of software.  It seems
> that the hosting original URL for download has an expired certificate.  This
> causes the fink download to fail when asked to download from the original URL.
>
> So, in pushing the envelope I tried:
> Source: --insecure https://ohse.de/uwe/releases/%n-%v.tar.gz
>
> to put a source curl flag in the command.  However fink is careful to escape
> the embedded space and it doesn’t work.
> curl --connect-timeout 30 -f -L -A 'fink/0.41.1' -O --insecure\
> https://ohse.de/uwe/releases/lrzsz-0.12.20.tar.gz
>
> Is there a flag for source curl commands for downloading?

No.

> How should I deal with the need for an insecure download.

The easiest option is to host the package source somewhere yourself.  This can
be temporary until the mirror system picks it up, at which time you can specify
mirror:master:/lrzsz-0.12.20.tar.gz as the Source.

If you don’t happen to have temporary host space, Fink has an area where we
host sources that can’t be downloaded from their original URL for whatever
reason.

> For reference the software does X/Y/ZMODEM protocol for data transmission.
> Some old instruments need this for communication.
>
> program lrzsz
> Web site: https://ohse.de/uwe/software/lrzsz.html
>
> Any advice on how to develop and test this?
>
> -Scott

There’s actually a Fink package description for this already:

http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/lrzsz
<http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/lrzsz> , downloadable via
http://fink.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fink/dists/10.4/stable/main/finkinfo/net/lrzsz.info?revision=1.1

<http://fink.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fink/dists/10.4/stable/main/finkinfo/net/lrzsz.info?revision=1.1>
 if you don’t have a 10.4 tree checkout handy.

The existing packaging uses Source:
http://www.ohse.de/uwe/releases/%n-%v.tar.gz
<http://www.ohse.de/uwe/releases/%25n-%25v.tar.gz> .  Does that no longer work?
 If not, then I’d recommend copying the source elsewhere.  Unless the developer
changed the license since the Fink package was made, it’s distributed under the
GPL so that’s permitted.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison