> Am 17.05.2017 um 21:17 schrieb Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>:
>
> Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 12:16:55 -0700
> From: Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Fink-users] htop8 error
> To: Daren Gillespie <dgilles...@leg.ne.gov>
> Cc: fink-users <fink-users@lists.sourceforge.net>,
> karl-michael.schind...@web.de
>
>> On May 15, 2017, at 06:50, Daren Gillespie <dgilles...@leg.ne.gov> wrote:
>>
>> The htop8 package gave a m4 warning during compile. I didn't pay much
>> attention because it appeared to complete. I can run again if more
>> information is needed. When I try to run htop I get the following error.
>>
>> winxpprodg:data dgillespie$ htop
>>
>> htop(94794,0x7fffa105f3c0) malloc: *** error for object 0xffffffffec403130:
>> pointer being freed was not allocated
>>
>> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
>>
>> Abort trap: 6
>>
>> --
>> Daren Gillespie
>> Senior Network Administrator
>> NE State Legislature
>> 402-471-2553
>
> What OS and Xcode Tools versions?  I?m seeing the same thing on 10.12 even
> with the build from the binary distribution (since it?s hard to check for
> runtime issues automatically).
>
> When I did a local build (10.12.5/Xcode Tools 8.3.2) I didn?t see an m4
> warning, but I did get other warnings of the following form:
>
> In file included from ./ProcessList.h:39:
> /usr/include/mach/shared_memory_server.h:48:2: warning:
> "<mach/shared_memory_server.h> is deprecated.  Please use
> <mach/shared_region.h> instead." [-W#warnings]
> #warning "<mach/shared_memory_server.h> is deprecated.  Please use
> <mach/shared_region.h> instead.?
>
> These caught my eye because they apparently involve shared memory.
>
> I?ve cc?ed the package's maintainer.
> --
> Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
> Fink User Liaison

I did a rebuild -m on 10.12.5 and had the same warnings about shared memory.
However, within my limited tests, the program worked. One thing, i can think of
is that i have lowered the security on my Mac. Daren, did you try to execute
htop as sudo?

Also, please note that dmacks has updated the package description lately. So,
do you use the updated package description, where the first command of the
compileScript is 'mkdir m4' ?

Michael Schindler.