>> "All statements except the BEGIN…END blocks must be separated by a
>> semicolon.."
>> - terminated, not separated.
>
> I think separated is actually correct here (although terminated is as
> well). The statement is terminated by the semi-colon, but multiple
> statements are separated by the semi-columns

In Pascal, the semi-colon separates two statements. That's why you can
omit that semi-colon directly before the END keyword of a compound
statement.

  begin
    One;
    Two    // no semi-colon here is correct Pascal
  end;

I think in PSQL the semi-colon is there to terminate a statement, and
it is also required to be there (except after END).

  begin
    One;
    Two    -- syntax error in PSQL
  end;