Hello James,

As others said already, your assistance would be very welcome.

Paul Vinkenoog is the project's Docs coordinator.  He's also one of
our most prolific author/editors.

At the moment, we have an urgent need for native speakers of English
to complete the review of the Fb 2.5 Language Reference.  If you could
find time to go over the DML, PSQL and Functions chapters (any or
all), you would be doing a great service.  Some of the DDL chapter
(as annotated) still remains to do, as well.  It would be beneficial
to take this opportunity to do a bit of recap.

I'm coordinating this part of this project.  What has worked well for
the review so far is for the reviewer to keep a text file containing
the existing text and his suggestions for improvements, corrections,
et al.  It is easiest to work with the PDF, quoting PDF page numbers
and the immediate heading.  Paul and Mark have been sending these
files directly to me (hele...@iinet.net.au).  For pieces that have
already been reviewed, people just post the corrections directly to
this list.

As I complete a list of changes/reviews, I am posting the latest
Docbook source to CVS and building a fresh set of PDF and HTML output
to update the Docs at the web site.  I hope to have a fresh build
ready this weekend, touch wood.

The released source code will become the base version for
translations and future updates.  Martin Koeditz and his colleagues
have already begun the German, I believe.  I think Tsutomu Hayashi is
standing by to start on the Japanese.  Dennis Simonov is translating
back into Russian, with the Fb3 version in his sights. (The current Fb
2.5 text originated in Russian but not in Docbook format.)

We're all volunteers in this team - so we do what we can, when we can.

Kind regards,
Helen