Hello Paul,

> Helen wrote:

> But notice that the (local) changes I made only apply to multipage HTML.
> Of course we can do the same for monohtml (as you use for the rlsnotes),
> but we can also leave that build as-is or make other adjustments.

I've stopped using monohtml for release notes - so far, only the FB3
notes are multi-page but I have set up places in the web structure for
the others, when I get around to building them.  The reason for this
is the lack of breadcrumbs in the monohtml.

> PDF is very different and already has the navigation pane, so local
> ToCs are probably less useful there. However, we can do it if we want.
> I've added a PDF with chapter ToCs to the above page as an example.

Actually, the PDF bookmarks do the job efficiently, without resorting
to sub-TOCs - "not broke, don't fix" would be a good strategy,
methinks.

> I'll commit the '2-2-2' variant then for now. But shall I do it just for
> the refdocs set or for all our HTML docs?

It would likely make a big mess of release notes as, since v.2.0,
AFAIR, the DDL and DML sections have a hard-coded "TOC" at the
beginning of each of those chapters, anyway.  I am loath to start
mucking around with the sources of older release notes, which would
put them out of synch with the translations.

As for the other docs, I haven't worked with the sources of them.
Perhaps Norm would like to comment.

Helen