1) I think it would be

    string stOpenConn = new FbConnectionStringBuilder {
        Database = stPathFilename,
        UserID = stUserID,
        Password = stPassword,
        ServerType = FbServerType.Embedded,
        ClientLibrary = stCLIENT_LIBRARY
    }.ToString();
    using (FbConnection fbConn = new FbConnection(stOpenConn)) {
        try {
            fbConn.Open();

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Clyde Eisenbeis <cte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) It's not obvious to me where to put the 'using' with 'try'.  Could
> you provide an example using the code in my first email?
>
> 2) Is this what you recommend?
>
> where stSql = "CREATE TABLE  TableOrg (  fstPriority VARCHAR(10),
> fstInfo VARCHAR(x) CHARACTER SET UNICODE_FSS, fiKeyID INTEGER PRIMARY
> KEY )".
>
> What do I use for 'x'?  This should be variable.
>
> 3)  BLOB SUB_TYPE TEXT is non-Unicode.  The field 'fstInfo' needs to
> handle German.
>
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 2:11 AM, Jiří Činčura <j...@cincura.net> wrote:
>>> 1) Is it correct to have multiple fbCmd.ExecuteNonQuery() commands ...
>>> followed by one fbTransaction.Commit()?
>>
>> Yes. Also use `using` block for disposable resource.
>>
>>> 2) I want to be able to handle German vowels, such as umlauts, for
>>> fstInfo.  I don't think VARCHAR is the correct choice as it is