Dear all - and especially the maintainer,

I try to use the SQLxxxW functions and SQL_C_WCHAR type for accissing the
driver and discovered problems with string data trucation etc.

Are there knows issues with these functions?

As, in the past, I already fixed minor problems in the driver, I wanted to
fix this problem. After fixing (thought so at least) the string size
calculation in OdbcStatement sqlPutData, I discovered other problems. When
investigating the code, in my opinion there is an inconsistend handling of
i.e. DescRecord length and octetLength fields.

To understand the current implementation and what the ODBC standard requires,
I started to implement a test suite. While doing this, I raised the
SQLGetDescRecord question, which I already posted seperately.

What is the experts opinion on how octetLength, length, precision, scale and
displaySize should be handled, and what should they containg depending on the
FB data type?

Thank for any responses to help me understanding and perhaps fixing the
driver.

---
Joja